Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 of us fished Wolford from 7am - 3pm and had a great day. Fished in 5 -20 f.o.w. With small jigs & tubes w/ mealies everything worked. Caught 30 or so between us. Action was constant all day. Also caught my biggest trout ever and I've fished Colorado for 20 yrs. It was a beautiful 26" cuttbow very fat and healthy, snapped a quick photo, and put him back. Most fish were all clones of each other 12" or so. Did also catch a couple in the 16 - 20" range. They are having snowmobile races this weekend and expect alot of people on the ice for that hope it doesnt effect the fishing to much.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nice fish! Good report. Can you post the pic?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
good job putting him back, not too many people can say that the biggest fish that they ever caught was released. kudos to you,the picture and the memories of that day will stay with you for a long time. i also have let all my biggest fish go and i never once regretted doing it.. good job..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will try and and post the pic. [not to computer savvy] I do try and release most of my fish, only keep the ones that are to injured. Just always hated killing them. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts