Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to wolford around 10:30, we fished were we always do , eneded up catching 12 kokes, and my brother was catching bows on spawn sacs, we got bored and went to green mountain, what a good choice !!!!, i caught 6 lakers one 19, one 17 and four 15 inchers, my brother also caught one laker, we caught about 30 bows also , we were using spawn sacs, the worst part was coming home it took us two hours to get to the tunnel because the weather, we had four wheel drive and had no problems, but lots of small cars were stuck on the side of the road , it was one of the worst road conditions ive been in awhile, lots of traffic

·
0 Posts
Re: wolford, green mountain

Where on the lake were you and what time were you there till? Thats a reallly good day. I was thinking about going there on Monday. see ya

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

Sounds like a great day on the water, and not so great drive back.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

nice report. I bet wolford has some big trout.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

there is huge trout in wolford , we used to pull 20 inchers on a daily basis , ice fishing should be good, thanks for the compliments , yes the traffic sucked but owell thats winter, and people not being prepared for the worst

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

I think I might try icefishin' there. Maybe we could hook up and swap lies?

·
Registered
636 Posts

I know Wolford has some big trout. During my camping trip in August, I stopped by there and lost a mid-20incher by the shore on a orange taz-devil. Besides that, there are millions of suckers that are easy to catch if anyone needs some for ice-fishing.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

thanks !!, kokanee pics are great, ive got tons of spawners and silvers , kokanee are a great fight no matter the size

I

·
0 Posts

Nice job Kokaneeking, what did you use to get into those kokes and macks

·
Registered
239 Posts

How do you make your spawn sacs? I am obviously a greenhorn when
it comes to that kind of fishing. Also, do you use egg sinkers or some other
kind of weight when you use them? Thanks!

Rick

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

yes there was snow at green mountian, first off you need some female kokes , i squeeze the eggs into a zip lock , then you need spawn sack material and magic thread both of these can be purchased at sportsmans, i like 1/2 oz weights, the macks i caught were in close within 20 feet of the shoreline, the spot i fish has a deep drop off, with a rocky structure, for the kokes at wolford i jig spoons, and yes i hook them in the mouth, ive foul hooked afew but not many

1 - 18 of 18 Posts