Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Would like to try Wolford for kokes through the ice. No experience on this lake for them and would appreciate where I might try?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Yes it has...hope you are well...hadnt noticed you on here in a long time...I havent been to Wohlford in about 5 years...you might ping bernie or fordo...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Booked with Bernie for next Tuesday the 3rd at Granby :) Can't wait, it has been 5 years since I have ice fished.

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
When he isnt looking slap him firmly in the back of the head and say zman says hi...its tradition...sent a few assassins over time to do my dirty work!...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Good stuff, RSalvatori! Bernie is a good dude and knows Granby as well as about anyone... He'll get you on some fish... Just don't know how many kokes you'll catch.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hey Ray, welcome back! 8)

Seems like it might be early for kokes to be grouping up yet, maybe another 3-4 weeks. I've found them at Wolford but never in the numbers we used to get GM. Sure was a lot of fun before the gill lice ruined everything. I believe things go in cycles and I hope we're around when it gets good again, just a matter of time. :smile:

I'm still working and can't take the time but if I were retired like you I'd sure consider a trip to Flaming Gorge or Strawberry Res Utah for kokes.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I have done a GREAT job of not catching them when I fish the lake during the summer. If you want to know hownot to catch them, I'm your man.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice hearing from you Ray. It sounds like the last time you ice fished was around the time we fished at Granby. If I remember right...you caught a nice laker that day.

Good luck on your trip with bernie.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Ray, welcome back! 8)

Seems like it might be early for kokes to be grouping up yet, maybe another 3-4 weeks. I've found them at Wolford but never in the numbers we used to get GM. Sure was a lot of fun before the gill lice ruined everything. I believe things go in cycles and I hope we're around when it gets good again, just a matter of time. :smile:

I'm still working and can't take the time but if I were retired like you I'd sure consider a trip to Flaming Gorge or Strawberry Res Utah for kokes.
Thanks Alan! Good to be back!

I sure miss the fishing at GM, we sure did a number on them for a few years. Miss smoking them even more! :rolleyes:

Long story but I went back to work 3 years ago and running two machines shops back to back. It was nice having 12 years off but that's what the big "D" will do to a guy! Thank God she hated the cold and did not want my Ice fishing stuff. :eek:

Ray

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Ray, I've got no info for you on kokes. Just wanted to say "Hi" and glad to hear from you. Let's fish Chatty this spring.

Hi Jeff!

This spring sounds good, been way to long. Even better, you need to come up and do some combat fishing at Big Mac. We have done real well there the last few years.

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts