Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FADED crew went up to Wolford Mountain Res this weekend to participate in the tournament. Sadly we did not place but there were plenty of fish to catch. Green tubes in about 20 ft of water tipped with a meal worm just west of the boat ramp was where we were hooking into them. The winner was a 27-inch brown. Not sure what they caught it on but folks were telling us that they were using home-made trout egg clusters and catching fish non-stop. The ice was about 2 feet thick so using a manual auger would suck.

Here's a short video from our channel. Our channel is about having a good time and not being so serious. There are plenty of other channels dedicated to being a serious fisherman like Team C.O.F.F and AJ's channel and those guys are really really good at catching fish! We even played a drinking game of taking a shot of cognac every time someone caught a fish. Thank goodness there was 17 of us and only a bottle of cognac. Light beer is good for ice fishing. Give it a thumbs up or thumbs down if you don't like it. Go easy on us on the comments as this was only our second video and we are learning how to film and edit. I hope you enjoy.

Wolford Mountain Reservoir Ice Fishing adventure

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job, that Hennessy looks good.

See any kokes landed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, yes. Some of the guys in our group landed and kept a few kokes. Hennessy is really good when it's cold out. Warms your whole body up! LOL

·
Registered
772 Posts
I saw something about a 41.5" fish landed. If that's the case I presume it was a pike. Do You know anything about that? I did not see that fish in the pictures on the tournament website. That was a sick brown, though!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw something about a 41.5" fish landed. If that's the case I presume it was a pike. Do You know anything about that? I did not see that fish in the pictures on the tournament website. That was a sick brown, though!!
Hey Pikester! The way they measure is the length of the fish and the girth to get the total of 41.5". So it wasn't a pike.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the report! Sounds like the tourney was a lot of fun. Do you know, by chance, if the kokes landed were silver, or were they the dark zombies with chunks of meat falling off?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the report! Sounds like the tourney was a lot of fun. Do you know, by chance, if the kokes landed were silver, or were they the dark zombies with chunks of meat falling off?
They were silvers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts