Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we left at about 7, we were on our way up then we hit a blizzard by georgetown, then we got stuck, when we went threw there was a porsche under a semi truck, the guy lived right as we approached a ambulance came and left very fast, anyways now about the fishing , we got to wolford at about 9 ,it was me my two brothers and a friend, we fished some shoreline and nailed the kokanee, they were all big expect afew, most were 20 to 22 inches, very big and healthy , we were using krocidiles and kastmasters jigging, we fileted the kokanee and there meat was very pink still, then i caught the biggest brookie i ever caught , i always have a tape measure and measured out at 19 inches, my brother also caught a 18 inch brookie on a spawn sack, after we got tons of kokes we made some spawn sacks and couldent keep fish off them, we also caught spawning kokes on orange powerbait, weird but owell, all togather we caught around 100 fish , wolford is very hot right now

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wonder if that is a brookie or a splake.I know they stocked splake in there.Looks like an awsome time!Do you let the kasty drop to the bottom or do you let it fall for a couple seconds and then give it short jerks?Damn ive been so busy lately that i haven't been able to get out catch some of those kokes you guys keep catching.Thanks for the report!

lyn

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a brookie, ive got caught splake at wolford they have yellow dots, and splake dont have orange on the bottom part of thier body,i was leting the kastmaster or krocidile to the bottom then jigging it into the shoreline, very slow jigging , alot of the times i thought i was was stuck then my line started to scream then i knew i had one, i lost several on the way in

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice! Glad to hear you had an awesome day fishing!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man..and here I am complaining about the cold in Ft collins...you guys are tough. I think If i can just get a good pair of gloves Ill be all good for the colder days ahead...

...Congrats on the successful fishin

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cold weather is fun, you just have to be prepard for the worst, here is some things that are good to have when going to the mountains

snowhat
snowsuit
gloves
heavy jacket
longunderwear
extra pairs of socks
boots

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
it wasn't a good report, it was a GREAT report. Damn man, GREAT fish. GREAT report.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Those are some sweet fish! Great pics. How much longer do we have until the meat starts to go bad on them? I have found that as the spawn approaches, males typically have higher quality meat than females.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the majority of kokes we caught were females, we caught about 5 males not that many, i lost a nice male when it jumped and tossed my lure, i was really upset, i cant say were i was fishing its a spot i find and i dont really want to give it up, sorry, bass hunter we fileted the kokes the meat was still pink, i cooked some when i got home and they were delicous, usually males meat goes bad, but the males and females had nice meat,afew we caught just were turning colors

·
Registered
114 Posts
the salmon at wolford spawn at the boat ramp and the dam along the rocks. i dont think they will be good much longer most are all red and are getting mooshy. bad thing is no snagging aloud there. grandby is still doing good for snagging

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice kokes! You certainly lived-up to your name!

(Nice brookie, too! )

The weather's never too bad when the fish are biting! ;)

F

·
0 Posts
I love fishin when the weather is nasty. It keeps most of the other fisherman away. The only weather I get out of is lightning.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

You definitely are the 'king' of them kokes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sweeeeet Fish. Makes me hungry just thinking about them.

Good job kokaneeking!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts