Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I fished on Wolford. I got a bit of a late start heading out, about 7:30 am out of the Denver area and hit traffic bigtime. There was heavy traffic and many accidents up I-70 and a trip that usually takes about 1 1/2 hours, took almost 3. I was heading up to Wolford to escape the wind, or so I thought. The forcast was for 10-20 mph winds, yea, right! I arrived at the lake and was fishing by the crack of 11 am, argh. The winds were sustained at 20-25 with gusts well into the 40's.
After initially setting up, I was marking absolutely nothing and getting pounded by the wind. So, I moved out of the cove and onto the main lake, where I set up a few hundred yards south of the main landing, in 20 ft of water. The latter location had at least some protection from the wind as well, in addition to marking some fish.
From noon until 4 pm, we managed to pick up five fish, 4 rainbows, one cutbow? ranging from 10-20" long on pink and orange Ratsos, tipped with mealworms, as well as one on a blue/silver cicada. The largest fish of the day, was a 20" cutbow, I believe. To be honest, I've never caught a cutbow before. In the past, I've caught maybe a dozen or so greenback cutthroats and well, thousands of rainbows and to date, have not caught a fish with the coloration of this one. It had the bright pink lateral gill and body markings of a rainbow, however, the body was very green and really only had a significant number of black spots on its back and tail areas.
If someone could please advise as to how to post a picture on this site, I'll provide one and will glady take any feedback that anyone may have to offer.
Well, for Wolford's typical standards, it was a slow day but all in all, after getting out of the wind and having some success, not a bad start to the winter season. Ah, and the ice conditions were very good, a solid 6-8" in the cove and just out from the main boat ramp. I didn't venture too far out, but did notice a group that took 4 wheelers across, to the east side of the lake. Well, take care and good luck!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
All I remember was about three or four years ago, I was coming back from the yampa and stopped at the Sporting Good Store in Kremmling.  Some good ole boys had two of the largest browns I have ever scene in the back of their truck.  They were each 30 inches long, maybe more. I believe I remember them saying they picked them up around the dam. Needless to say, there are definetly some big fish in Wolford.  Haven't fished it yet though.  If Im on a lake, Im usually after Pike. 

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the info., as far as posting pictures is concerned, he can be taught, ha ha, :). However, I was only able to get the image shack link posted, with the picture of the fish that I was talking about (It's above, at the bottom of my initial report). If you wouldn't mind giving me another posting lesson, how can I post the actual picture with my message, rather than just providing the link?
Most fish on Wolford, are of the 12-16" variety, with an occasional one surpassing the 18-20" range and yes, there are some monsters, although relatively few and far between, but it does happen, usually during open water fishing.
Thanks again, take care, Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi fishingbud, I've never posted a pic here but try this...

instead of

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1088/wolfordreservoirdecember200501.th.jpg]

... notice I've put the URL for your image BETWEEN the [IMG] and tags

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi fishingbud, I've never posted a pic here but try this...

My previous examples didn't post but what I tried to tell you was to paste your URL BETWEEN the IMG and /IMG tags. You had your URL after both tags.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey daCheesehead. Do I mind??? Not at all, I appreciate the assist, as I was getting a bit frustrated trying to post it myself, :). When I tried to paste the url between the img tags, as you had indicated, I got the same results that you initially did (the boxed X's, so I gave up).
What did you do, to actaully get the picture posted as it is now??? Again, I appreciate your help!
Do you see what I mean about the coloration of the fish? As I'd indicated, it seems to have both the markings of a rainbow and a cutthroat (as it has the brilliant pink stripe, in addition to being really green, also having black spots mainly along its back and tail, as opposed to all over the body). What made me uncertain, was the coloration of the underside of the lower jaw and gill area. Your thoughts???
On days when I'm lucky enough to catch one like this, I'm really glad that I bring my digital camera, because the colors can fade fast, when they are laying on the ice.
Also, cheesehead, you listen to this forum and get out on the ice and you'll be posting your fair share of pic's. It's just a matter of time. Take care.

·
Registered
133 Posts
"What did you do, to actaully get the picture posted as it is now???"

Well, the short answer is I cheated and viewed the source code from another post where the picture worked, then duplicated the syntax with your URL.

jeff

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
FishinBud said:
What did you do, to actaully get the picture posted as it is now???
Just click modify on your post and look at how the tag works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts