Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to wolford today and brought acouple of my good friends dan and brent , we fished various locations on the lake and nailed the spawning kokes , pink jigs tipped with waxies and under a slip bobber were the go to rig , heres a pic of the pig spawners

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was cold , i brought my fly rod but couldent get them to commit , i need to find someone who wants to tie me some koke flys , i need some pink san juans

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
kokaneeking said:
it was cold , i brought my fly rod but couldent get them to commit , i need to find someone who wants to tie me some koke flys , i need some pink san juans
Pink San Juans caught nothing but trout today! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
kokaneeking said:
oh ok , well i suck with the fly rod , the pink tube is deadly on the spawners and the wax worms help
Sorry I couldn't meet you up there today. Work. I would really like to see you in action with that tube rig though! How high off the bottom do you try to run that tube?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pikester said:
kokaneeking said:
oh ok , well i suck with the fly rod , the pink tube is deadly on the spawners and the wax worms help
Sorry I couldn't meet you up there today. Work. I would really like to see you in action with that tube rig though! How high off the bottom do you try to run that tube?
im running my jig about 6 to 7 feet down , i twitch the slip bobber with my rod tip and it moves my jig up and down to get them to strike , i use thill slip floats

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Nasty looking! What do you do with them, smoke them? Are they edible cooked any other way when they are that far along?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
don we smoke them when they start to get red , i prefer eating silver kokes but they are all turned now , redleader the females were ripe already , we caught some and eggs were dropping everywhere

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
catfishking said:
don we smoke them when they start to get red , i prefer eating silver kokes but they are all turned now , redleader the females were ripe already , we caught some and eggs were dropping everywhere
Thanks for the info, I will let Ewert know, they are scheduled to do river shocking this week, I would think collecting ripe eggs would be more important.

·
Registered
91 Posts
???I was there Sat for a minute or two.. snapped this pic from the dam park lot, few peeps there catchin rays.

Not sure but I think slayer is in the pic takin afternoon siesta waiting for late day action?! ???

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
redleader said:
catfishking said:
Thanks for the info, I will let Ewert know, they are scheduled to do river shocking this week, I would think collecting ripe eggs would be more important.
i hear u , as many kokes that are spawning right now there it would be dumb not to , they could get alot of eggs there

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
pikester01 said:
???I was there Sat for a minute or two.. snapped this pic from the dam park lot, few peeps there catchin rays.

Not sure but I think slayer is in the pic takin afternoon siesta waiting for late day action?! ???
You'll never see ME sleeping on the job. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts