Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the forum participate? If I wasn't so outta the loop on things I'd have planned on going?

If anyone on here went, how'd you do and could you post the results overall?

It was beautiful weather for it this weekend.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would say average turn out which still means lots of people. All money fish were between 31" and 27" length + girth. Pretty slow for us as we did better on Friday... Go figure. Winning fish was a brown the mix was about 50/50 RBT to BT. Very well ran, as always, and never any problems except for the dickhead cheaters next to the Hwy 40 dike that didn't break their tents on Friday and left them up overnight. Also, the guys that start drilling holes before seven. Only. Small percentage, most are legitimate honest dudes.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only done good on that dike once.

That's cool... I'm always amazed at how that lake kicks out the big fish...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not really. Biggest fish are only around 19" long at best. Not hating At all an I love fishing this lake (not sure why). Nothing like South Park. Great Kokanee lake though. Best around imo for numbers. Brian and Anthony can vouch

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really. Biggest fish are only around 19" long at best. Not hating At all an I love fishing this lake (not sure why). Nothing like South Park. Great Kokanee lake though. Best around imo for numbers. Brian and Anthony can vouch
my biggest brown came from 6 feet , right by the rocks on the dam. that lake has big fish if you put your time in...

i love the lake too. i still need to learn to catch the kokes there...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Caught a freakin' 19" pike minnow under the ice a few years back. Thought I had the tournament winner.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I fished it for kokes last week. I put a camera on the automatic jigger with flashers and it was a blast to watch the kokes swarm through. Didn't get any over 14" but it was still cool to watch a hundred fish on the camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts