Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard if there is safe ice on Wolford?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Code:
scubapig said:
Anyone heard if there is safe ice on Wolford?
I've been wondering the same thing...Have'nt heard much about wolford yet. I hope to be heading up that way myself soon. I'm thinking the bows should be getting pretty nice in there by now.Haven't fished it in a couple yrs.Use to get some nice little footballs out though. Hope to hear some good reports soon  8)

·
Registered
297 Posts
We fished Wolford a few times over the summer and the fish seem to be smaller than usual. Not as many big ones as in past years. Not to burst anyones bubble or anything and Slayer will no doubt prove me wrong, just my observation.

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Co.Trout said:
We fished Wolford a few times over the summer and the fish seem to be smaller than usual. Not as many big ones as in past years. Not to burst anyones bubble or anything and Slayer will no doubt prove me wrong, just my observation.
I agree-- Stay away from Wolford! I am going there to catch tiny little fish, I have no illusions on catching anything over 10"! :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i emailed talked to the fishin hole , the guy told me there was 2 to 4 inches of ice , that was about three days ago , i have to disagree with you co trout , there is still some very nice fish in wolford , we caught a 19 inch brown , quite afew 18 inch bows and tons and tons of spawning kokanee that were 16 to 18 inches

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i went to wolford a couple times in october and there is big fish there i caught alot of fat rainbows to 19 inches a 19 inch brown and alot of splake and this year was by far the bset kokanee action there i caught my limit every time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts