Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.9news.com/news/article/190554/188/Woman-says-man-pointed-gun-at-her-over-parking-space-

AURORA - Rosalin Clark-Salih says going to the grocery store is no ordinary feat anymore. That's because a few Mondays ago she says someone pointed a gun at her in a dispute over a parking space.

"I'm not a duck, I'm not a deer, I'm human and we're not in a forest," she said. "It was a King Soopers parking lot."

Clark-Salih says Robert Lindsay pointed the gun at her in the King Soopers parking lot so she would back away from the spot he wanted.

"I was here and I was just waiting to back into the space and there was a vehicle here unloading, when he was parked in front of me," she said. "I didn't think anything of it. I thought he was waiting on the vehicle I was waiting on to unload so he could go around. There was plenty of parking."

Clark-Salih says Lindsay apparently wanted the same parking space she was aiming for.

"He stepped out of his vehicle... pulled a revolver, a black revolver and it was a pretty little gun, it was newer type, small and he just mouthed at me, 'Move your car,'" she said.

Lindsay, 53, has a concealed weapons permit, but that doesn't atomically allow the permit holder to show the weapon in public. Lindsay turned himself in this week on a charged called unlawful display of a weapon.

Lindsay did not return our repeated calls for comment.

According to the police report, he told investigators he was about to park when Clark-Salih's car started down the wrong way. The report says Lindsay waited for her to back up and she didn't.

The report says he then, told her to do so. Lindsay told investigators the woman started driving towards him and because he was now out of his car he "feared for himself and did remove his handgun from his pocket."

The police report says Lindsay held the gun at his side and pointed it in the general direction of Clark-Salih's vehicle.

"I could've parked anywhere else," Clark-Salih said. "It wasn't a big deal. Had I known he wanted it that bad, I would've gladly moved. No problem. I didn't know what he was sitting there for."

According to the report, Aurora Police first cleared the report, saying it was "non criminal."

Clark-Salih then complained to the Aurora City Council.

Aurora Police released this statement: "On the initial scene the officer presented what was known at the time to his sergeant and then lieutenant. After a discussion based on the accounts of the people involved, no independent witnesses and no other compelling evidence it was determined that no party would be charged. Ms. Clark-Salih made a complaint to city council which brought the case to review under a different set of eyes. It was determined the best way to handle this complaint was to have a detective re-interview the parties involved and put the case together to present to a judge for an independent review."

An Aurora municipal judge determined there was enough evidence to charge Lindsay with unlawful display of a weapon.

There are surveillance cameras in the parking lot. According to the Aurora Police report, investigators looked at the video and didn't see anything that matched the description of the incident.

The investigator also pointed out the camera quality wasn't good enough to tell if a person is holding anything in their hands that would be considered small.

King Soopers released this statement: "At King Soopers, the safety of our customers is our first priority. As soon as we were made aware of the situation that occurred in the parking lot, we engaged the appropriate authorities, and have worked with them in full cooperation."

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I don't argue with them either. If they snake me for a spot while i'm waiting they will end up scraping a smoothie off there car when they return from the store.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Churchgoers across the street from my old house used to park me into my driveway regularly. I made a bunch of little tags that said Where Would Jesus Park? I started leaving them on the offender's windshields. They were largely ineffective.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
Churchgoers across the street from my old house used to park me into my driveway regularly. I made a bunch of little tags that said Where Would Jesus Park? I started leaving them on the offender's windshields. They were largely ineffective.
:D :D :D nice work!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
LMAO!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Grrrrreeeeeeaaaaattt more dumbarses that are too stupid to own a gun...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Concealed means concealed. If she can describe your equipment, you did it wrong. ::) I think he'll get in some trouble.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I cant say i havnt thought about doing that...but i generally consider it bad form to draw my weapon and not shoot someone with it. Overall i give that guy an F-; it was irresponsible and stupid and gives concealed carry holders a bad name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts