9,266 Posts
fishingkats said:
ok im asking does anyone own one and does it work

i use alot of cut bait when i fish and well after a
good weekend my hands smell like cut bait and
well the smell doesnt go away till wednesday
no matter what soap i use

the wonder bar is like 7.99 and they say it last forever
but i want to know does it work ?  ?   ?
Best thing to kill the smell is soap and mouth wash!!! Lemon juice works good to but mouthwash is the best thing Ive found

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at the wonder bar because it doesnt leave
a smell

and its suppose to work with and cool water so i can wash my hands at the lake and or river and not have the fish smell on my hands when i eat lunch or a snack

or have a soap smell on my hands when i touch my bait

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I know the mouthwash trick from my Mom. Shes watches cooking shows all the time and used to own her own catering company. Just get one of those travel size ones and keep it in the boat or in your tackle box.

The bar is a good idea too.

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use a metal bar that you rub all over your hands under cold water (from Pampered Chef, I think), and to my surprise - it works.  Chef's who cook a lot of fish use them, also.  You do have to make sure you rub it on all the skins surfaces to get all the odor off, of course, which can take a little while, and you may have to do it again if you still have some odor left after the first round, but these things really do work.  Mouthwash might be quicker, though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It's called a "Wonderbar" because its a wonder that people will pay 8 bucks for a 20-cent piece of stainless steel...Sorry Cut, but it's true. Take a piece of good stainless steel along and rub your wet hands with it, it'll work just as well. if it doesn't, either lemon juice or vinegar and salt will take the smell off anything.

·
Registered
935 Posts
No reason to be sorry. Mine was given to me - my wife is in the food production industry. Anything coated with a surface of charged metal particles should do the trick. I didn't want to get into the details, but that's how it works. You form a weak bond with the polar surface of the stainless steel and the stinky volitile compounds on your hands, and it frees them enough that they wash away in the water. At least, that's what I was told.

Weather you buy a piece of stainless steel, or other polar metal for $100 or you rub rub your hands on a piece of scrap stainless steel, the simple answer is that you will remove fish scent from your hand by rubbing it under running cold water.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use my huntin scent away spray spray it on rub it rinse it off works pretty good.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I like the smell. ;D

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
****, If you dont like the smell when your eating dont go with Terre and Glen, They'll use the same knife to cut your sandwich they use to cut the bait :) Can you say hardcore :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh thats nasty

but i do know a guy that puts stink bait on his hook
and then uses the same hand for a dip of chew

nasty nasty nasty

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Hey Epic, You dont need to edit my posts for me. If there is something you dont want in there PM me and ill be happy to fix it.

THX

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Hey Epic, You dont need to edit my posts for me. If there is something you dont want in there PM me and ill be happy to fix it.

THX

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
Not singling you out I edit everyones cuss words.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
****, If you dont like the smell when your eating dont go with Terre and Glen, They'll use the same knife to cut your sandwich they use to cut the bait :) Can you say hardcore :)
[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]
I do that, too. Should I be embarrassed? ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
fishingkats said:
oh thats nasty

but i do know a guy that puts stink bait on his hook
and then uses the same hand for a dip of chew

nasty nasty nasty
You act like there's something wrong with that, don't you realize that if we're putting chew in our mouth, we're not really concerned about what goes in there?? ;D

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Cutthroat said:
Jay_In_Parker said:
[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
I do that, too. Should I be embarrassed? ;D

I guess its no better than eating Sushi........Man I love Sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts