Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z & I decided to take the drive and take and take our chances at Jumbo despite poor reports. We got up there shortly after sunrise and got set up. We both brought our 1 man flip overs and we were glad that we did. It was breezy all day, we stayed warm and comfortable.
I stuck a nice Crappie right away and followed up with a skinny keeper Walleye. We were thinking that 2 dozen minnows might not be enough. That wasn't the case. Fishing was slow the rest of the day. A fish would come through and then it would die. I'm glad most the fish that I caught were legal size. I ended up taking home 3 nice Crappies and 2 skinny eyes.
Always fun fishing with Z! (thanks for driving)
Sorry about the bad pic.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If they were fat he wouldn't of caught them!

You are like the only person in the world to get eaters out of that place-:thumb:
Oh yeah, I did get a nice stringer full of eaters out of there this spring.
It's my mad Minesnowta Walleye skills.:biggrin1::biggrin1:
I should have taken a pic of the skinny juvenile walter that I caught.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Lol it was the superior guiding effort!...lol seriously you converted your chances and i didnt...GREAT JOB!...it was way fun may have to go back in 2 weeks never been there before...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol it was the superior guiding effort!...
Oh Hell yeah! Couldn't have done it with out you.
Sucks the battery on your sonar was weak, at least you didn't try the "2 men 1 Vex" trick on me!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I am not a marcum crossdresser!...I should of borrowed your camera...when I put my Lowrance on my other charger this morning there was my spare battery staring me in the eye...last year I always kept a spare in the truck...first real trip of the year and I spaced it...thanks for the extra crappie it made for a great omelette this morning...

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Nice job fellas! I'm thinking of heading up close to there soon and was wondering about how breezy it's been!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nice multi species day!! Almost makes me think I should actually bust out my ice gear this year... lol

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Nice multi species day!! Almost makes me think I should actually bust out my ice gear this year... lol
Yeah, you should go where you use to take your dad then let me know how it is! ::) :biggrin1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts