Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st huck at 730am, last huck at 430pm. In between was a day of Epic proportions. I think we had like 3 fish by 1030, then I figured them out. Went from working the bottom like the worm boys were doing to fast jigging/ ripping in the upper few feet. Blades, twisters, and jerkbaits all worked at times. Fish were suspended and aggressive. Worm boys tried dragging around us but only got some shorts while we were doing multiple triples of keepah sized fish. In fact, one of the WORMBOYS caught a Bullhead then just SLAMMED it hard back into the lake. Freekin LOSER!:mad:

Bro had 4 eyes that totaled over 8 feet in length. 27,26,23,22. I finally pulled a 27" outta my ars late. Scott had multiple 20" eyes hell we all did. I doubt we had more than 20 fish UNDER 17 inches. Total was like 140 or so. Missed that many, I can always tell when Im around 40-50 fish my arm starts to get tired.;D

We did a little bloodletting in the boat, I have 4 visible scars that bled. I got a big treble in my hand so bro ripped it out with the pliers only to get the trailing treble buried in his hand. So I got to return the favor and jerk the treble outta his meat! Great fun!;D

Pounding fish on light gear (6lb, ML) is where it's at! And no bait!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I feel ya... but when was the last weekend day, or any day, you had like the one above? Just sayin', next time he offers you need to try your best to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Truth....i guess next time its offered ill pull out the "explosive diarrhea, cant make it to work" because that days fishing looks a hell of alot better than sitting behind a desk lol

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truth....i guess next time its offered ill pull out the "explosive diarrhea, cant make it to work" because that days fishing looks a hell of alot better than sitting behind a desk lol
I use that excuse ALL the time-

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With a name like "Mr. Wednesday" I assumed you went fishing on Wednesdays. You should change the name to "Mr. Brutalized"!

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that the worm boys had a better score than zero!
Maybe 10? I asked the inspector dude at the ramp and he said most caught only shorts. Very few keepers-

There were about 20 other boats out there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow - Super impressive, especially the size. Great report. What a very nice Transom of Death!

I think I recognize that jerkbait!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts