Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is direct more towards those that have their own worm farms or keep theirs for long periods of time. Worms will eat alot of crap and this makes them taste different. I was wondering if any of you feed your worms something different before you go fishing?
I heard peppers are good and orange peels. I was also wondering if you guys think this really matters or would the fish have bitten even if you had not put these things in your worm tub.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I have never heard of adding things to flavor my night crawlers before. It is an interesting concept though.

Does anyone thing adding things like garlic might make them work better for cats?

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i had heard of adding sharp sand on top and that when the worms went thru it it would toughen them up so they would last longer.

the spicy worm thing might be somthing to try

they sell "nitro" kits that turn the crawllers green. ive seen those from a few sources the green crawllers are suposed to be more attractive to fish?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
banana peelings

noticed that there was more slim on their bodys after eating the peelings for a while

but you have to keep on eye on the peelings when they start to mold toss them out

·
Registered
943 Posts
gourmet worms? thats a new one ;D

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Here's an idea... throw some catfish bait, like blood or liver bait, in with their normal bedding material. That should make them more attractive!

It should also make them pretty dead, if any mold develops....

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i was expecting more interesting ingredients from you W.E.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My gramps would throw some coffe grounds into his night crawler compost. Thought it stimulated the worms and make them wiggle more. Buzzed on caffiene i guess.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fishon said:
My gramps would throw some coffe grounds into his night crawler compost. Thought it stimulated the worms and make them wiggle more. Buzzed on caffiene i guess.
Now that you mentioned that my grandpa use to do that as well.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
we did an expeirement back in scouts we would fill a jar half to 2/3 full of clean sand (moist) and then put a few inches of coffee grounds (also moist) ontop dump a dozen crawlers in poke a few holes in the lid and put it on the jar drop it in a dark bag and leave it in the fridge a while and see how long it took for the worms to eat the grounds and mix it all up it was surprizing how quickly it would get all mixed up

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Adding German Beer to worm bedding might help them appeal to German Browns...mix some saur kraut and stroodle in too!...

bwahahahahahahhahaa...ok not that funny...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts