Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/spo/4753424384.html

Guy on the TN fishing forum is selling this. Christmastime, it would be a super selfish gift for myself... But is it worth it?

Or should I just f***Ing wait til Feb and put this extra money into a boat?

Open water here most of the year, random 3-4 day spurts of fishable ice on small ponds...

I'm thinking of saving the cash and buying $250 more boat when my CD matures and I can cash it out in Feb.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i would. $250 isnt that much in she scheme of things. if you get sick of it you can always re-sell it. and its probably a half decent workout when you take it out.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
If you didnt fish with Buck so much i would say go for it!! Toons are great tools to have to easily get you on the water..... Only 1 man though so no room for the kid(s).

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Its a good deal, but I don't see you going out enough (without buck) to get your use out of it, I'd save up for a decent boat

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Its a good deal, but I don't see you going out enough (without buck) to get your use out of it, I'd save up for a decent boat
x2...see Pat fans from the 2nd toughest division in the NFL over the last decade can be Mensa candidates...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True... I'd like to get out alone from time to time... But taking Buck fishing is almost as much as giving the wife some quiet(er) time as it is about catching fish.

Sure would be nice to get out with the Lowrance unit and some ice rods and try for those suspended perch in Monterey lake on it though... Mmmmmmmmm....... Perch.....

·
Registered
902 Posts
I say save up for a boat. That Porta boat has custom seats. I have one and I only used it twice. It's like a waterbed when you stand in it.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Check the 14 footer out here on the forums sale ad for $250.00. Would be perfect for you! I'm sure you have a place out here to store it until you can come pick it up!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
'Toons are totally worth it for hitting small waters (and I know there are lots of neat small waters in TN) - if you fish alone. Since you spend much of your water time with your son, I'm not sure you'd get enough use out of it, but you'd have to make that call. When he's big enough to run his own 'toon or float tube, though, I would definitely consider getting a matched pair - the fish won't know what hit them!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Shoot Owen...I run about 75/80 lbs of weight on the back of my toon between the motor and the battery..You could probably mount a seat on the rear of the toon facing backwards and take Buck out with ya..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Shoot Owen...I run about 75/80 lbs of weight on the back of my toon between the motor and the battery..You could probably mount a seat on the rear of the toon facing backwards and take Buck out with ya..
Agreed... or do what any true redneck would do, go up with a second story... when in Rome >:D

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Speaking of redneck boats, here you go some assembly required;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts