Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i wouldn't hold your breath! you have a better chance of finding a thrown away winning lottery ticket. then building your own private lake to stock with pike and they probably would forbid you to do that too

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
just read the article posted by azbassnco here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060507/sc_space/nonnativefishinvadewesternstreams

10 Gauge said:
Does anybody know what the deal is with DOW and Pike. They used to stock them in all kinds of lakes in northern Colo. and I'm sure elsewhere in the state.
remember we used to spray DDT all over the place also past actions dont always indicate what is to come.

times are changing and sometimes it is not right to do something for our pleasure that may endanger native (although less interesting/fun) wildlife. every one we wipe out is gone for good. maybe that tiny little creek chub that goes extinct was the host of a parisite the excreated an enzyme the could cure/prevent alzheimer's or MS. i would sacrifice all recreational fishing to cure just 1 of those and many others

in refference to the DDT thing after many years of total ban and intensive recovery there are some limited uses of it where they have determined how to use it for the public good with out it building up in the enviroment so maybe many years down the road the fisheries people will recover much of the native wildlife and have the time to find ways to provide nonnative sportfish without contaminating the native wild life

it could be a very small price to pay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts