Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you fish at this lake with all these people or would you leave to another lake?. That Crazy, man do you wonder if anyone is even catching any fish. If i was the fish in that lake i would be scare, it like swimming in a land mind.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That spot on the lower left is open, get it!!! I am assuming this is a tourney somewhere? Got any more info on this? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
jimt72 said:
That spot on the lower left is open, get it!!! I am assuming this is a tourney somewhere? Got any more info on this? :eek: :eek:
Might be the brainard jaycees tourney in Minnesota...check out some of the links to photos...

http://icefishing.org/index.cfm

·
Registered
180 Posts
It has to be the Jaycees Tournament. Keep in mind that some of the biggest prizes are for the smallest fish and the 100th fish. Most of the people that register don't even catch a fish, a lot of them don't even try. There is a lot of partying going on, they have vendors out there with their semi trailers and lots of events for the kids too.

Adam

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Re: Would you fish at this lake with all these people on it? Or would you leave

Didn't somebody post one like this last year of ice fishing in Korea - wall to wall people - and it was out on a frozen river in a large city too?

And we moan and groan about Antero. Gee whiz. ::) :p ::)

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
zman said:
jimt72 said:
Might be the brainard jaycees tourney in Minnesota...check out some of the links to photos...

http://icefishing.org/index.cfm
budroux said:
Can't be Minnesota ... no cars, trucks, planes, mobilehomes or snowplows lol.
Well if you click on the properties of the picture.. The file name is

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg25/tbaby303/MinnesotaLakeBoastsWorldBiggestIceFishing03GiYSqseLil.jpg

So my guess is also Minnesota :) LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is on Gull lake. Sponsored by the Brainerd Jaycess. Fish from 12pm to 3pm. They give away over $150,000 . 150 places plus raffles. Fish have to be alive to enter weigh -in. Holes are drilled day before. No augers on the ice . You need to bring a spud bar . Top prize is a new truck. $35 entree before, $45 day of contest. This years date is Jan 22.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
lucky7 said:
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Thats what Blue will look like when they have their Burbot festival in a couple years. >:D
Bucket biology at it's best...heard they taste awesome!
They're a frickin' disaster. Bucket vandals ought to be shot on sight.

·
Registered
297 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
lucky7 said:
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Thats what Blue will look like when they have their Burbot festival in a couple years. >:D
Bucket biology at it's best...heard they taste awesome!
They're a frickin' disaster. Bucket vandals ought to be shot on sight.
well, Don.... t-minus 3 weeks and I will be doing you a favor.

me and a few friends want to fill a cooler with these things. I know we aren't best of friends, but I know you love flaming gorge lakers more than anything and would do anything to protect them. where's a good place to start at flaming gorge for burbot?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is the Brainard Jaycees Tourney, my wife and I went to that in 2000. It is really set up great. It is like a city on ice. The parking wasn't that bad and leaving isn't bad either.

The tourney lasts only 3 hours and you buy a pre drilled hole. No augers allowed. It is great fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts