Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I decided it was time for a rocky mountian based fly fishing show that taught people not only how to fly fish but how to find places to fish and how to teach it to friends/relatives. Then I got abducted to Florida and tabled the aspiration.

Now I am back and it seems like it's time once again for this type of adventure. When I watch an outdoor show I want to see cool places and see good hunting/fishing but most of all I want to learn.

Would you watch a show like this or would you move on to to another show or activity.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Cody, over the years I've seen how you approach fly fishing. How much you love the sport. I've seen several videos that you've made and know that just as with fishing you strive to give a great presentation. I've seen your kids grow up and watched how you not only teach them the essence of fishing, but also teach them about how to become men.
If you put the same effort into this endeavor, I'm sure you'll be successful.

I agree with your premise. When watching a fishing show, I'm not looking to be entertained or wowed by the fish being landed. I'm much more interested in the How, When, and Where being presented. Oftentimes, the simple nuances involved are overlooked or assumed to be known by the viewer. Yet, those nuances are what make up the difference between catching fish and just wetting a line.

I think you're on the right track and wish you every success as you move forward.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yep I think the bernie school of 3's while guiding should apply to fishing shows...

Learn/teach something...put u on fish...have fun while doing it...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had a camera that would take short videos. Dropped it in the creek. Couldn't make out any of the pictures that I took of my epic adventure :confused:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey this is Colorado and your style represents that. It's about trout in the wild not some guy with endorsements from head to toe in a 70K bass boat.

There's nothing here that comes close and I'm sure your skills with flyfishing and video would be a big hit.. An occasional trip to the salt would also be nice.
I fish inshore Florida to Texas in the winter OTF and could share.

Go for it...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yeah man I'd watch it.
Sounds like you're looking to produce something similar to "the new fly fisher"
I watch that show a lot and I don't even know how to fly fish or live in Canada where a lot of it is filmed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
To be honest, the blogs are about as far as I go when it comes to fishing and not actual on the water fishing/ volunteering. I watch no TV so I am definitely in the minority. I do take/edit my own video but it's MY video. lol With that said, I know the younger generations are all about the shows. I'm sure you will be successful after reading your comments here and elsewhere as you seem to be a down to earth guy that just loves to be outdoors with the kids. Hope WY is treating you well!

·
Registered
177 Posts
For sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts