Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I hate to be negative but it most likely it won't do any good. at one point we had a petition with over 1000 signatures and still nobody listened.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fordo said:
I hate to be negative but it most likely it won't do any good. at one point we had a petition with over 1000 signatures and still nobody listened.
It has little chance, I agree. This is really sad. But if you don't try and change things I feel you can't complain. Sometimes you don't have to beat them, just fight them.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am working on trying to get some anglers on Rick Wagner's radio show in Grand Junction, he's sick of these dictatorial academic big shots as well.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only petition that would have a shot would be a ballot measure petition that would stop removals and unlimited harvest.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
HOGMASTER said:
Lakers are Pike is Trout Clothing! To many stunts the population! Let the Kokes come back get rid of the dinks and watch the record fall every year!!
The real problem in this state is that we're not killing enough bass. We all need to start taking our 18"ers outa Quincy and Aurora and fry 'em up.

Thanks for the inspiration Hog. I'll be sure to invite you to the fish fry.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOGMASTER said:
Lakers are Pike is Trout Clothing! To many stunts the population! Let the Kokes come back get rid of the dinks and watch the record fall every year!!
There are way too many small lake trout at Blue. They need to protect the larger ones though because they are almost impossible to replace.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
HOGMASTER said:
The real problem in this state is that we're not killing enough bass. We all need to start taking our 18"ers outa Quincy and Aurora and fry 'em up.

Thanks for the inspiration Hog. I'll be sure to invite you to the fish fry.

:D :D :D OK TAKE THE LIMIT OFF LAKERS THEY ARE WORTHLESS!! :D :D
Stock those Hybrid Trout from Canada they will eat the lakers and grow faster!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I say take the limit off of lake trout under 22" or so, while allowing only one fish over 28" like Flaming Gorge.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too many small lakers, but the CDOW has got to look into other causes for koke declines, but because high limits and poaching for kokes brings lots of money, they won't do a thing about it. Classic case of picking on the group with the smaller pockets.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jörmungandr said:
I'm for firing the DOW staff entirely, and replacing them with people who run the ontario, canada fisheries.

I was looking at their Department of wildlife page, and fishing regulations... and those guys got their s**t locked down. especially up north where they split and divide the area into seperate subregions for management and different limits.

They don't even let you fish certain lakes because of their value as fish factories.. they deem the best lakes in the area as "fish sanctuaries". Imagine if they did that at certain lakes with certain species here. colorado would be one of the most amazing places to fish in the united states.
I'm for firing ALL the biologists for sure! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts