Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a long shot, but thought I would throw it out there.

Looking to buy a 2500 Suburban with the 8.1. 2003 or newer, lower miles (less than 125k). Seems to be a bit of a unicorn.

Found two that are out of state. Just thought that since these are popular with sportsmen, someone here might be considering selling.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Highly sought after as towing vehicles for RVs. My nephew was able to find a nice one on an RV forum.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I love suburbans so I see why he wants one. Just curios what a truck like that goes for. You guys were right a Fraken yota wasn't the best idea. Too bad they don't make duramax suburbans...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pass everything but a gas station
Yep. But this will be a 4th vehicle, and I don't really care about MPG.

Highly sought after as towing vehicles for RVs. My nephew was able to find a nice one on an RV forum.
Very hard to find, and they sell quickly when they are listed. I missed out on a reasonably priced 2003 with only 69,000 miles. Have been using cars.com, autotrader, and the Craigslist search tempest. Only a handful are for sale right now.

I love suburbans so I see why he wants one. Just curios what a truck like that goes for. You guys were right a Fraken yota wasn't the best idea. Too bad they don't make duramax suburbans...
I have found them listed as low as $9500 on up to close to $20k. There is a company that does Duramax conversions (Duraburb), but those are WAY more $$ than I want to spend.

I found one in Portland that I put a deposit on. Will be up there for a business trip this week, so will check it out in person.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I found a 2003 Suburban 2500 with the 8.1. 125,000 miles. Pretty good condition, needs some TLC. Only bad part is it was in Portland. I had a business trip up there anyway, so I checked it out and pulled the trigger.

This will be a secondary tow vehicle for when we go camping if I am not comfortable towing my ski boat behind my fifth wheel. Also used when the weather is crappy and I don't want to drive my car.

Pretty sure it will do what I need it to do. Had to pull the boat out of the garage today to move some stuff around. Here is the Burb with the Bu.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
I'm sure the truck is in the bottom 50% of tow vehicles on this site.

When you heading back to Powell? I know a couple of CFers went this weekend.
I dont know. Its gonna be a freekin zoo around Memorial Day, thats the only week my wife has off.

Damn I wanna go.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Nice truck! There is one on Craigslist here in the Springs for $13,900...2004 with the 8.1, 91K miles, but since you already got one...what about 2? ;)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know. Its gonna be a freekin zoo around Memorial Day, thats the only week my wife has off.

Damn I wanna go.
I will be out there in a few weeks. I will try to do you proud.

Nice truck! There is one on Craigslist here in the Springs for $13,900...2004 with the 8.1, 91K miles, but since you already got one...what about 2? ;)
Story of my life. A day late and a dollar short.

Actually that price makes me feel pretty good about what I ended up with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts