Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a bernie baitcaster for myself, willing to spend $25 on it, I intend to tear it down and build it back up with a sleeved handle to extend it a bit, put larger guides on it and a pimpin' handle setup.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Koldkut said:
I want a bernie baitcaster for myself, willing to spend $25 on it, I intend to tear it down and build it back up with a sleeved handle to extend it a bit, put larger guides on it and a pimpin' handle setup.
I've got a Bernie spinning rod I'll sell you. I'm pretty sure it's the same blank. I just don't use spinning rods for lake trout.

I'm not parting with my Bernie baitcasters!
Dons like a fat kid protecting his cupcake. :D :D

C

·
0 Posts
dude, you can keep mine. I can live without it since you built me those two custom rods.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clint walker said:
dude, you can keep mine. I can live without it since you built me those two custom rods.
That's your rod though dude, if anything, you should give it to your pro-staff Russians.

I'm thinking that a bernie rod or two, re-done, even at $25 for the whole rod, I'll destroy it, reuse the blank and still be cheaper than a Thorne Bros, but I am going that direction as well for the 48" professional. I'll have to do a pictoral of the tear down and re-build. I'm for sure going to use that Vari-Swirl EVA, it's too sick to not use it

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TAL0362 said:
I've got two, 129.99 each. ;D
That's what they'd be worth if I stripped them down and re-worked them with some nicer cork or EVA foam.

^^^
As much as he complains, that's Kurts ice rod.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
They have some really nice baitcasters at B P from $14 to $26. I dont no blanks like you guys but they seemed like nice rods. Pretty sure the $25 one was a St Criox

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bummer of it is that I need some medium heavy ice blanks and heavy ice blanks. This rod will be for myself. I tried to get solid carbon ice blanks made for myself, but anyone who would do it wanted a minimum order commitment(300-500 blanks) prior to even seeing any prototypes, with prices for the blanks being in the $20 range. Next spring I'll start looking again instead of trying to look around in September or October to find something. I still need to order my grip material and some super nice rubber coated comfort seats to go on my ice rods.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only want one Bernie rod to re-work for myself, I'm going to meet Dropshot in Denver next week to get it. I just got the Thorne Bros blanks in and WOW! I'm impressed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts