Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a 1500-2000 watt continous. Want to buy new but cant find any in stock?

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info-

Isnt Grainger wholesale only?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't forget Harbor Freight for a cheap alternative. Spend a couple extra bucks for the extended warranty and they'll stand behind it for 2 years-worth it! If it doesn't work out they'll take it back without too much hassle (as long as you keep track of the receipt).

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Don't forget Harbor Freight for a cheap alternative. Spend a couple extra bucks for the extended warranty and they'll stand behind it for 2 years-worth it! If it doesn't work out they'll take it back without too much hassle (as long as you keep track of the receipt).
This...^

I bought one from them a couple years ago, it was a smaller one. THing worked like a charm. Now own a handful, zero issues.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=inverter

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I was gonna go check out Hfreight. I have had good luck there-

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a HF flyer in the mail! 2000 watt continous
regularly $279 on sale for $129.
Hell yeah!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't forget your 20% off coupon if that price doesn't require it's own coupon. You get the discount off sale merch too but can only use one coupon at a time

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't forget your 20% off coupon if that price doesn't require it's own coupon. You get the discount off sale merch too but can only use one coupon at a time
Has its own coupon. But, I think i hafta buy cables so can use the 20% on that.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Are You powering a C-Pap machine?
Thats what My bud uses one for...;D

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are You powering a C-Pap machine?
Thats what My bud uses one for...;D
No Hell No! Gonna use it to power my boats' onboard charger. Most places I go dont have power.

And I hate most campgrounds anyway. Too many freekin rules and morons running around.

Since I went to 24V troller I dont have any extra battery back-up.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah, I rarely run the big motor. Maybe 4 hrs this year? Besides I can use the AC power for other uses in my camper,power tools, etc.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Im confused. Your going to use an DC to AC inverter hooked to a battery (DC) and then plug in your battery charger on the AC side? Are you hooking it up to your truck? to power the DC side?

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im confused. Your going to use an DC to AC inverter hooked to a battery (DC) and then plug in your battery charger on the AC side? Are you hooking it up to your truck? to power the DC side?
Yes Im hooking the inverter to my truck. It has 2 1000CCA batts in it. I will now have around 15 amps of 120AC to use as I please.

My Boat has an AC on board charger for the 3 batts in it. What could be easier than running an extension cord from the inverter to the boat?

aLSO i WILL NOW HAVE 15 AMPS OF 120ac FOR MY CAMPER.

Seems easier and cheaper than buying a generator.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts