Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a nice beginner vise so I can get my feet wet in tying. I don't need anything fancy and i'm on a budget. Just want something to get me started till I can invest in a good quality vise down the road.

Thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Silver,

Call Mark at 303 455 2049, I think he had one on this site a couple weeks ago........ Just tell him I had you call. Good luck !

Jeff

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
there is a very nice one great price on flyshack.com under fly tying and click vises and the one for $75 is one i use. its very nice and you can tie flies up to a size 28 with it and it will rotate and hold the fly at the same time its a good one to start out with that is about half price of my big vise i use all the time now i take that one up to the mt.s and if there is a hatch i can tie right there and the good thing is that very cheap for right now and you get free shipping!

S

·
0 Posts
I have a Danvise with extension arm and pedistal base if ya want it, ive run many thousands of hooks thru it and the jaws are still in great shape.

$50.

reply thru email, not pm

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Email sent.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disregard, I think I will pass on your Danvise. I can get a new one for only a little more then you want for yours, and at the same price I can also get that one from flyshack that bigfisherman suggested. Thanks though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me clarify a little more. What I meant by budget is that I don't really want to spend more then about $150.

·
Registered
275 Posts
sweet deal....I have a brand new in the box Thompson model A. It is at least 30 years old but never used. Came from an old hardware store, never used. Yours for 20 bucks obo plus postage. pm me if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts