Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of Force Fins for float tubing. Would prefer the adjustables but I am open to the Xl or XXL in the non adjustable if the price was right. Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
$44 for shipping!!!

That's to avoid Ebay fees since they don't apply to shipping.

What is it about Force fins that make them so special aka expensive?

·
Registered
492 Posts
The way they are designed makes them very ergonomically efficient. Normal swim fins cause you to "fight" the water on both forward and backward strokes. Force fins are designed such that after stroking forward with your feet you can easily pull your feet back. I am sure there is some physical laws involved but I ain't never had no physics training. I just know that I would never use anything but force fins in either my float tube or my pontoon.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I'll have to look into them. I just bought some cheapies from Cabela's.

Maybe I should carve a "V" into mine and test it out!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'll have to look into them. I just bought some cheapies from Cabela's.

Maybe I should carve a "V" into mine and test it out!
Don't do it, There's more to it than the "V". Ya gotta figure out how to bend 'em too!:biggrin1:

·
P I K E
10,273 Posts
Don't do it, There's more to it than the "V". Ya gotta figure out how to bend 'em too!:biggrin1:
LOL, dude where is your sense of adventure? Cut them babies up there Dallas...good luck buddy!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, I've been watching eBay for quite a while now. Does anyone have any experience with what size to get if I was not to get the adjustables. I have a size 12 shoe and I normally wear neoprene flats type booties. I was just wondering if the extra-large was big enough or too big?
I have a pair of adjustable's now that work great but I need an extra pair for newbies that I take out on the water.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like XL but maybe XXL with size 12 bootie. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.