Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Mexico for some fun, and am in need of surf fishing gear.

10' 2 piece 3-6oz spinning rod, and 5000-7000 class spinning reel.

Sand spikes too if you have them.

If you guys have some stuff laying around, maybe you'd be willing to let me borrow it for a week, or rent it in trade for some of my fishing gear. I will obviously pay for any item I break, but basicly I baby my gear so no need to worry about that. But you never know if an airline will do somthing funny with your stuff.

Just throwing that out there to see if I can borrow or rent someones gear. That's probably just laying around, Like most of my saltwater gear, just collecting dust. I have two rigs already but I really need a third. Seems silly to go out and buy another combo for somthing that I do maybe once every few years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FFF

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
I've got a Sabre surf rod and Diawa G7000 (big drag washers) fishing reel. I'd be willing to sell both for $50 FIRM. Both are in excellent condition - imported to Colorado in 1992 and used twice since for catfishing.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a fair amount of diamond type jigs-some home made and some Salas, and smaller amount of large plastics- but sounds more like only surf fishing? If needed your welcome to take them with you-no charge here.

Fistfullafish said:
Going to Mexico for some fun, and am in need of surf fishing gear.

10' 2 piece 3-6oz spinning rod, and 5000-7000 class spinning reel.

Sand spikes too if you have them.

If you guys have some stuff laying around, maybe you'd be willing to let me borrow it for a week, or rent it in trade for some of my fishing gear. I will obviously pay for any item I break, but basicly I baby my gear so no need to worry about that. But you never know if an airline will do somthing funny with your stuff.

Just throwing that out there to see if I can borrow or rent someones gear. That's probably just laying around, Like most of my saltwater gear, just collecting dust. I have two rigs already but I really need a third. Seems silly to go out and buy another combo for somthing that I do maybe once every few years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FFF

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Guy said:
I've got a Sabre surf rod and Diawa G7000 (big drag washers) fishing reel. I'd be willing to sell both for $50 FIRM. Both are in excellent condition - imported to Colorado in 1992 and used twice since for catfishing.

Send me a PM if you're interested.
Thanks that guy, thats actually a really good deal! Unfortunately that 2 piece wont fit in my rod case. :(
I found a 13ft 3piece which is perfect.
Let R Rip said:
I have a fair amount of diamond type jigs-some home made and some Salas, and smaller amount of large plastics- but sounds more like only surf fishing? If needed your welcome to take them with you-no charge
Thats very nice of you, if I were to take those I would probably use them as tips, for the boat crew if I go out. To me that doesnt nessecarilly seem right so, I will respectfully pass on those.

I appreciate your guys's help but I think im all taken care of, except for sand spikes. Which I probably just go grab some 2" pvc and make them myself.

Thanks again

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Hey man, all of our surf fishing gear is at my dad's house, but I will check. You are welcome to borrow any of it with a few little conditions.... I know one of my dad's rods is a perfect surf rod... he did it for years in northern and southern CA. I will let you know what is available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts