Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this week I'm in Wyoming on a fishing trip with my dad. We got up here this morning, and so far I have caught 6 fish 20" and over...a 20, 20.5", two 21"s, a 21.5", and a 22"er as well as several other fish in the 16"-19" range fell to husky jerks and gulp minnows! Rainbows, cuttbows, snake river cutts, and browns were all in the mix, with the biggest being a beautiful hook jawed brown. Some pics are on my camera, so I'll have to post them when I get back at the end of the week, in the meantime, here are some teaser pics....

20.5"

This one was awesome...I was walking upstream when I looked over and noticed a nose poking out from behind a rock, only a few inches below the surface. I cast a husky jerk several feet ahead of it, gave it a few twitched and let it float straight towards the fish...he sucked it in almost like it was a dry fly or something, very cool! He stretched the tape to 21.5"

Pics of the big brown are on my camera...more updates to come!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Quality fish, Chaz. Pat on the back!

(Shouldn't this post be filed under "Fishing Reports"? But I know what you're thinking -- it's not a Colorado report. Wonder if there should be an "Outside of Colorado" reports tab?)

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hop said:
Quality fish, Chaz. Pat on the back!

(Shouldn't this post be filed under "Fishing Reports"? But I know what you're thinking -- it's not a Colorado report. Wonder if there should be an "Outside of Colorado" reports tab?)
I considered posting this in the reports section, but I was wary since its not Colorado. More people will get to see it here, so thanks Zman ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, today was slower fishing but we really got some quality fish. I landed a 23.75" brown right off the bat (pics are on my camera.) I also got a nice snake river cutt in the 19-20" range and this bow that went 22"...I was just letting my lure hang in the current a few feet below below me and he came up behind it and nailed it!

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JWurgaft said:
Real nice fish.
Thanks!

It was cold and snowy today, I heard you guys had similar weather though...hit up a couple different spots today and I ended up with a nice 23" bow, as well as several other 18"-20" bows and a brown. Late in the day we started getting into some walleye on jigs and x-raps, the best was just over 18".

This big girl slammed my gold daredevle and put up a nice fight! 23"....

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today I learned the importance of good hooks, when a big brown bent my jig hook after a short battle...

I ended up losing several other nice fish (probably bad hooksets...) but I caught a couple other nice fish including a bow that was about 21-22" and a brown that was just under 24", I can't seem to break 24" lol. Most of the fish today were kinda small, in the 14"-16" range but they all fought really well!

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday was kinda slow, we didn't even get anything over 20", so I didn't feel the need for an update.

Today on the other hand, was nothing short of awesome. I landed at least 6 fish 20" and over, including 2 browns over 23", and and several others in the 21"-22" range. I also got a nice 20" cutt. All the pics are on my camera, so I will post them up when I get back in town.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We got back to Denver on Saturday night, but i havent had time to post these up until now...

The fishing last week was definately epic, I ended up with 7 fish over 23", the largest was just shy of 24". I also many other fish in the 18"-22" range. The smallest trout I caught was probably 15"-16". Words can only say so much, here are some pics....

First 23"+

Second 23"+ So close to 24"!

Third 23"+
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/
cmats12889/DSCN1564.jpg

Fourth 23"

Fifth 23"

And the last one, stopped at the river for about 30 minutes and only caught one fish, but it was over 23" and a great way to end the trip!

And here are some other pics of some 18"-22" fish, as well as some smaller walleye...

Thanks for looking! I hope you all enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Lots of great fish! Thanks for postin em' up.
I'll be heading wyohome over the holidays, looking forward to smackin the eyes.

And no Goon, it shouldn't be considered Colorado......... Greenie ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts