Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone thinks of the new X-Rap? I have caught a couple of bass on them buts that it. When i reach for the jerkbait tray I always grab a Husky jerk out of habit. I really didn't give the X-Rap a fair shot this season so far.

Anybody do well with them?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
IMO its the best crank bait on the market today. It can be fished so many ways. The thing that I like most is it will suspened like crazy. Im not a big crankbait fisherman(You wouldn't know by how many I have) But as far as CB's go this is a great bait. The HJ would come in a close second.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
636 Posts
I love em. Then again I love husky jerks. I don't favor one over the other. I think one day you'll catch fish on one and the next day on the other when the fish won't bite the one you were using before.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
IMHO they're a good lure and suspend better then the Husky Jerk but they're no Lucky Craft. Ed

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
What's the variety on the sizes of X-Raps anyway?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
1eyeReD said:
What's the variety on the sizes of X-Raps anyway?
As far as I know they're all 4 in. Sizes? You want different sizes? Sheesh! Some people would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope. :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
x raps are awesome i caught my biggest wallayee below chatfield dam awhile back , it went 26 and a 1/4 inches nice way to break in the x rap

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't like the x-raps one bit. I've tried them quite a bit with absoultely no success. But that is on the west slope; and we have no pelagic baitfish so our fish dine on smaller things or dead things for the most part. Not a good presentation on the west slope.

·
Banned
487 Posts
If they made a smaller size they would work well. The current size is only good for pike and large trout and maybe night walleyes.
The X Rap has a harder cutting action than the husky jerk and darts a little more erratically.
Because of the other sizes, I will pick the husky most times because of it's slightly more subtle action. However the X Rap does work well for pike when they are actually hungry.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet the new Glass Perch color Hushy Jerk would do a number on those Crawford Pike? Or do you guys only fish there thru the ice?

My favorite jerkbait for bass and brown trout was the Yozuri Twitchin Minnow. Unfortunately they no longer make it :mad: I only have three left.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I have fished for pike with the glass perch husky jerk-it does well. The best one for pike I have found so far (for me at least) is the 5 1/2" super rogue with a black back, silver sides and an orange belly. They crush this one and I have had to retire some because they get so beat up.

Anybody that fishes jerks for bass should try the LC 78 pointer for smallies or the 100 pointer for largemouth. They also make a 78DD (deep diver) which gets about 8' deep. I know they cost alot but once you try these, you're other jerks will be gathering dust. ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How many of you guys have actually shelled out 15 bucks for a Lucky Craft?

I am going to add a couple to my box just to see what the buzz is? I have to admit that the Aurora Black color is awesone looking :eek:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I haven't and probably never will. I catch enough fish on plasics and I use some surface lures (poppers, buzzbaits, etc.) that probably go up to 6 bucks at most. Until I fish with someone who is getting at least twice the number of fish I'm getting and they are using the lucky craft and I'm not. Then I might just buy one. Tell me how you like it neal.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Neal/CO said:
How many of you guys have actually shelled out 15 bucks for a Lucky Craft?

I am going to add a couple to my box just to see what the buzz is? I have to admit that the Aurora Black color is awesone looking :eek:
I tried the lucky craft live pointer, the one with the hinged back. I figured it would wiggle and shimmy through the water, putting the jointed rapala to shame. Alas it hardly had any action at all, literally. What a waste of 15 dollars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.