Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something that I noticed the other day when I was at BPS. I was looking at the different packages of X Raps and noticed that the lures in the older packages of the XR-10 are actually larger in size than the new XR-10. I also noticed that the perch pattern was slightly different as well. Has anyone else noticed this? Don't know if the size difference is that big of a deal but thought that I would mention it.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I haven't bought any this year. I bought a half dozen last year and really didn't give them a fair shot. But the purple/white color has been really good at Aurora this spring. All my keepers have been on that crank! The pointers have produced lots of fish, but all the bigger eye's have come on the x-Rap.

I also bought a couple of the new Xcalibur T4 jerkbaits. So far they haven't been worth the money, but that could change?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I know they made a smaller XR-8 model for this year but I was not aware they downsized the XR-10.BPS shows
XR-10 at 4" and XR-8 at 3 1/8". I did not have too much luck on the XR-10s but have caught a few walleye and trout on the XR-8 in silver/black. Actually soft plastic jerk baits have been working better for me than the hard ones so far this year.
I'm going to try the rainbow pattern at Stagecoach on Sunday. Maybe I can get one of those fish with the big teeth to whack it.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Hey Hammer, I haven't been able to find any more Power Minnows, but BPS has a good selection of their new Saltwater Jerk Shad. It is 5" long but it should work almost as well now that the water is getting warm? You will need a jighead with a 2/0 or 3/0 hook. You can also get the Falcon baitjerker weighted hooks at Sportsmans. Pike will love them as well!

The new Perch color x-Rap looks really nice!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'll have to check out the perch pattern. The rapala countdown minnow in perch works good at Atown for those toothy fish with big eyes.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only big difference is the perch pattern for the old to the new one is that the new one has more black stripes but they are smaller in size. I don't know the actual size difference but if you compare the lures in the two packages you will see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
769 Posts
They did change the size of the box but I am pretty sure the size of the x-rap is
still the same (number 10 = 10 centimeters in length).

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah rapala has always used centimeters to describe the size of there lure ie the cd18 is 18 cm long i wouldnt think they would mess with this

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Neal/CO said:
The new Perch color x-Rap looks really nice!!!
It sure worked good today. Caught two pike on it and had a nice one bite off, but it fell out of his mouth and we got it back!!! That lure has got many more pike to go I hope ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts