Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted a heavier option to walk the dog sub-surface. Usually use large flukes for that task.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Just added a couple to Local carry a little bit of everything bag. Do they work?
Caught a few pike on them, never tossed them for the eyes though. Might have to try that out this spring.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
setthehook said:
Neal/CO said:
Just added a couple to Local carry a little bit of everything bag. Do they work?
Caught a few pike on them, never tossed them for the eyes though. Might have to try that out this spring.
I was thinking it might be a good Wiper bait also?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
setthehook said:
Neal/CO said:
I am planning to try them for walleyes too. Top water lures seem to get their attention, but I get far better hooksets with lures that are below the surface. This might be a good compromise.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I have a few in my box, definitely easy to walk the dog with them.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have not had a lot of success with them and I dont really know why.. I know a few folks who swear by them. I had a monster musky come look at one last year and give me the fin.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Definatly one of those right place, right time baits. I've had some amazing days on them. Keep a few around for the place and time.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Oyey said:
I have not had a lot of success with them and I dont really know why.. I know a few folks who swear by them. I had a monster musky come look at one last year and give me the fin.
As long as it was a Fins Up Jason it's all good bud!!! ::) ;D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have had good luck with them on smallies at night. Pretty decent early morning and dusk.

Have also caught a few eyes on them over the years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts