1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday....

---
Yahoo1: "Looks like you're on to something there?"
Me: "I was onto a 20 inch rainbow until you walked right over that bank he was holding on and spooked him."
Yahoo1: "Oh you were fishing this bank?"
Me: "Yeah, that's why I was creeping here casting over and over again."
Yahoo1: "My bad. What have you been catching them on?"
Me: "Salmon flies."
Yahoo1: "Great thanks."

Yahoo2 carrying a tackle box and spin rod looking really pissed off just stomps right over the bank I'm sight fishing a nice one on (spooking him) and says nothing.
---

Am I the only one with etiquette? I don't remember this happening so often fishing back in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana, but then again, that was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Just curious, how would somebody know that you were fishing the bank?

Was there another path they could have taken?

I take it you were stream fishing?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I don't remember this happening so often fishing back in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana, but then again, THERE IS LITERALLY LIKE A 1/3rd OF THE POPULATION OF COLORADO IN THOSE PLACES.
:rolleyes: FTFY

Maybe you should consider going back to one of those 3 places. I hear the fishing is better anyway.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Not gonna get much sympathy on this forum. Its freekin Colorado and there are 1200 potheads moving to Denver every month.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
River with visible 20" rainbow... that's all I need to know. Get used to this stuff when you are fishing places like that, or just save yourself the trouble and fish somewhere else.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dallasdb: Yeah it was pretty obvious I was fishing that bank. I was on the same bank maybe 35' below where the fish was holding casting into the lie. Nothing but open field; plenty of walking space to go around.

I hear you others on CO. Admittedly I was surprised when moving here how scarce the outdoor resources are. Fisherman up your ass on the water and have to book camping sites months in advanced just to get something.

c'est la vie I guess.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
B.reelz, it was probably some transplants .....all transplants are idiots.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
This thread has potential! :biggrin1:

The average person out there has no clue how seriously some of us take our fishing. Maybe we are the yahoos taking a leisurely activity too seriously?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Hell the average FISHERMAN doesnt have a clue how seriously we take our fishing.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Who said the spooked fish didn't bite, or that I wasn't fishing with powerbait to begin with?
Assumptions based on the following:
-profile picture with vest and tiny net
-you commented you were using salmon flies
-you commented that you were casting over and over

My bad if I was wrong. I like the captain American powerbait best. What kind were you using?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Just throw a snagging hook at the fish. Or fish the spot in skimpy lingerie next time. Most fishermen are right wing homophobes and will be horrified at the sight of a transvestite doing an activity reserved for fellow Jesus freaks... Not shims of Satan.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Assumptions based on the following:
-profile picture with vest and tiny net
-you commented you were using salmon flies
-you commented that you were casting over and over

My bad if I was wrong. I like the captain American powerbait best. What kind were you using?
Yeah the salmon fly hatch has been killer all year; usually size 26.
For powerbait I like "jarOeggs" and "fertile mertile".

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hell the average FISHERMAN doesnt have a clue how seriously we take our fishing.
:biggrin1::biggrin1: Boy, ain't it true.

Typical scenario:

WIFE - "Hey Tangler, Maggie's husband over there fishes too, you two should talk."

ME - Avoids Maggie's husband all night

1 - 20 of 73 Posts