Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of Costco merchandise can vary by location but these were found at the Costco at 4000 River Point Pkwy Sheridan, CO (Santa Fe and Hampden area).

They had S-M and L-XL in a big display by other snow discs just before the produce and meat.

IMG_20151129_173838.jpg

IMG_20151129_173850.jpg

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I wish someone would make a BIG size. Trying to get these over size 13/14 pac boots is a ***** and they usually break in the cold. The longest lasting has been those shitty green ones with springs. These have worked over tennis shoes pretty well.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
That style works great when they stay on but it's annoying cause they do pop off a lot. The largest size struggles to stay on my size 12s.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ninja,

It seems like a good idea... not sure too many guys would be willing to drill if they have expensive boots. If you miscalculate and drill too far you run the risk of letting in moisture.

I liked this idea:

icecleats.jpg

EDIT: Am I losing my mind or did Ninja's reply disappear?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Ninja,

It seems like a good idea... not sure too many guys would be willing to drill if they have expensive boots. If you miscalculate and drill too far you run the risk of letting in moisture.

I liked this idea:

View attachment 19393

EDIT: Am I losing my mind or did Ninja's reply disappear?
Put the weed down, bro.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That style works great when they stay on but it's annoying cause they do pop off a lot. The largest size struggles to stay on my size 12s.
Are you saying they are loose on your 12's? Maybe worth trying.

I didn't seem them on the mfg website, discontinued?

I may go see if I can find some.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I have size 11's and they are SNUG. I would imagine them NOT fitting a size 12. However, I saw Sportman's Warehouse had the same style, Frabill Brand, in Size XL for $9.99 that said it fit boot sizes 11-13. They looked noticeably larger than the YakTrax at Costco.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I have giant feets. the only thing that works for me on pac boots is stabilicers.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

Naw, too small almost. Super tight so when I walk they start working their way off my boot and eventually pop off. Like they need more of a basket in the tip. But they pop off the back just as much. I use the big black sorels so the design of that boot might be the issue too.

·
Registered
902 Posts
is the screws in the boot a troll hack like checking your muffler bearings? or do people really do that? id hate to ruin my sorrels. i take my boots off instantly at the house... i usually take them off at the truck too. i cant stand hot feet the whole car ride home. so i wouldnt worried about messing up floors. i just had the slip in slide hike across the lake.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts