Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
not a good thing but what caught my attention is he said they may have swam down from Antero.

With the forage base in there, the new state record perch may be swimming in Antero.

That's wild!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I read that also. There are two theories on that.

The first is that it is disaster because the young perch will compete forage wise with the trout and retard their growth. Pike will have more to eat and increase in numbers?

Or maybe the Pike will target Perch more instead of trout?????

Whoever the Bucket Biologist is that is responsible for all these introductions needs his ass royally kicked!

I would think their numbers would eventually explode in Spinney?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Seems to me Spinney would be the perfect combination of mederate depth, weeds and fertility for them to thrive?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Seems to me Spinney would be the perfect combination of mederate depth, weeds and fertility for them to thrive?
I hope not. There has evidently been a small population in 11 Mile for some years and they never really took off.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Perch have been in the mile for years I remember being a the tackle shop down in the springs back in 96 and a guy brought in a perch he had caught at thhat had to be around 2 punds.

·
P I K E
10,186 Posts
I brought this subject up earlier this year and also last year, but another member keeps telling me I'm full of ****!!! I got a few bad PM's on the subject and the responce from another member sucked, so I just let it go. Now it's come to light in the media...HMMMMMM!!! Go figure!!!
http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=27033.15

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
TthePikester said:
I brought this subject up earlier this year and also last year, but another member keeps telling me I'm full of ****!!! I got a few bad PM's on the subject and the responce from another member sucked, so I just let it go. Now it's come to light in the media...HMMMMMM!!! Go figure!!!
http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=27033.15
Tony .... you're always going to run into those dikheads that are absolutely sure that they know more than you do .... just ask em . :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Totally stupid introduction, whoever did it. But Jeff Spohn is a jerk for trying to starve the pike. Doesn't look like that's working either. Morons on both sides of the isle.

·
P I K E
10,186 Posts
zman said:
So Tony ask Maynard!!!...<snicker>
ROTFLMFAO...OK kids! Each of ya's go to your corners!!! ::)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts