Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as mentioned it is true that the parking lot was full of trucks and trailers (in fact there were only two spaces left), however, the lake did not seem all that busy. We didn't get there until 10:30AM and spent most of our time trolling with downriggers and leadcore around Inspiration Point. For most of the day, our sonar looked like this:

with the top downrigger at 35-40' and the bottom at 50'. Every once in a while, we would see a big one like this one:

We caught several lakers from 18-22" -- here are a couple of photos:

All in all, it was a nice day to be at Granby. Clear skies and some nice fishing!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like a great day to be out, its hard seeing those big ones on the sonar and not getting them to bite. Luckily Granby is big enough that its hard to make the lake too crowded.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Great day, and great pictures.

I wonder what the stuff on the bottom(left side) in the top sonar graph is. I see that quite often in different areas, it doesn't seem to be weeds or brush, because we troll right throw it. I wonder if it is the mysis shrimp?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terre,

Well, that is a good question and I've never tried to troll through them. According to this article, the Mysis do spend most of their time at the bottom during the daytime as they do not like light. So I guess you could be right.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Glad to hear its still fishing good. Ill be up there on Wed. If anyone else is there give me a shout on the Marine radio.

Thanks for the report

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts