Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the southern walleye impoundment last night with friend on leave from Ft. Bragg. The bite was good immediately with 5 walleye landed within 30 minutes, one keeper. After he landed a fish my friend came up to me and asked if I had a set of cutters. The walleye got him.

I left my Leatherman at home but there was another vehicle in the parking area so I sent him to go find those people while I picked up our stuff and went back to the truck. Luckily he found the other two guys who were fishing nearby and one of them had a set of wire cutters. They cut it at the bend and pulled it through for him. We fished until 9PM and ended up with 6 walleye apiece, only one keeper.

Major thanks to Justin and Brian for their great assistance with the hook removal! Nice way to meet good folks. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Ooooouuch!! Glad you guys were able to get it out and kept fishing.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Your friend isnt Neal's brother is he?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
LMAO!!! I think its actually just your presence that has people burying trebles in their hand Mark. The very first time I did it, guess who was in the boat.....LOL!

The line trick is way less painful than pliers, FTR.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff. Isn't the trick to the line trick getting it right the first time? I;m not confident I could have gotten it because it circled up and out.

I think most hardcore fishermen have had this happen but pictures of it sure get a good reaction!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
LMAO!!! I think its actually just your presence that has people burying trebles in their hand Mark. The very first time I did it, guess who was in the boat.....LOL!
I'm at home...phone call from Neal...I am at the spillway...need a pair of dykes, band aids, neosporin and vicodin...yeah its me...

people loose their grip on a fish that has 3 sets of trebles...Sir Issac Newton (gravity) takes hold and a wriggling fish with a face full of trebles plummets toward your hand...if u r lucky only one treble catches your hand...

the best 10 bucks i have sprnt...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
what if they are 17 and 3/4? lol wait never mind...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That’s rough. I was fishing Sunny Side, Nevada with my grandfather way back when I was like 9 or 10 or something. It’s a killer spot in the middle of nowhere that had big bass and trout. I used a float tube for the very first time there. My grandfather and I were float tube fishing one day and I got a decent largie on a floating Rapala in fire tiger. I was trying to remove the lure from its mouth when it thrashed and one of the hooks went into my hand. It was deep and the point wasn’t sticking out. We tried to yank it out for a while to no avail. Eventually, we got in the car and drove like three hours to find a physicians assistant to numb it and pull it it with pliers or whatever she had at the time. It sucked and I wonder if I’d be able to handle it on my own, now. I think I could....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts