Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Costco is selling these right now for just under $1000 but I've seen them going for twice that elsewhere.

Anybody know if this thing is worthwhile as more than just a power station for small electronics? ???

It has a Lithium battery, like those tiny jump starters you can carry with you for emergencies. But this is more like 65lbs. I'm wondering about recharging trolling motor batteries. Maybe after a day of fishing you could plug it in to a triple bank charger and be ready to go in the morning. That would be sweet! 8) From previous threads I gather that people usually will use a small gas powered generator when they are at an area with no provided power. Powell or Blue Mesa come to mind.

https://beprepared.com/goal-zero-yeti-1400-lithium-solar-generator.html?oc=INEM10220515&sc=EMAIL&bxid=57e9f4a3bcb59c15798b474b&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emer0802&utm_term=Master - Daily

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
First I've seen of it. For less $ and less weight you can get a small inverter generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
I'm using a 2003 Honda 1000 gas generator puts out about 10 amps. Pretty sure you can pick one up for $750. Weighs maybe 30 lbs?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm using a 2003 Honda 1000 gas generator puts out about 10 amps. Pretty sure you can pick one up for $750. Weighs maybe 30 lbs?
This is the way to go. If the sun doesn't shine you're done. This will be consistent power supply.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess if it sounds too good to be true it then it probably is. I see a Honda in my future. :biggrin1:

Yeti must have a hell of a marketing department. Never heard of them until a few years ago and now I'm seeing their stuff everywhere. I guess they call that "brand extension."

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Guess if it sounds too good to be true it then it probably is. I see a Honda in my future. :biggrin1:

Yeti must have a hell of a marketing department. Never heard of them until a few years ago and now I'm seeing their stuff everywhere. I guess they call that "brand extension."
Hey Alan, My Buddy uses a similar unit to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-Portable-Polycrystalline-Foldable-Suitcase/dp/B00MGLIIQO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501938402&sr=8-7&keywords=portable+solar+panel

It will charge dual My Batteries from 20% to 100% in about 4-5 hours..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts