Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing today for 20 minutes between meetings. I ran to riverbend to try for some bass and got this one on the second cast. The cloudy day was real nice, fish were extremely active.

·
Registered
238 Posts
NIce Bass Congrats.......I fish those ponds often...great area to fish...several ponds..easy access...A few weeks ago a hooked and landed a bigo bass...its stomach was over extended and a fish tail was poking out of its throat. Anyways....nice bass..What did she bite?

Pondfisher

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got her on a clear/speckled spinnerbait.

·
Registered
38 Posts
great fish!River bend is great lol seen alot of great fish in there never laned anything that nice congrats, and haven't you had a bunch of good fish from there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
NICE BASS! I haven't gotten anything that big out of riverbend. Which pond? I thought the bass fishing was done for this year after we went to dixon and got skunked for the first time ever this fall. But I guess while it stays nice outside it would be ok, maybe it was just because Dixon got a lot of water and it was making it cold.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
You make me sick   :-[  (JK)
I squeezed some fishing in tonight (an hour and 15 minutes). All I got was an 8 inch Cat, and a 7 inch Perch.
Nice fish Zias!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yes squeeze in as much fishing as you can when you can you never know when your going to land a nice one. Good job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Over the past week I have noticed the bass going shallow 2 feet of water to about 7 feet of water in ponds. I have been focusing on casting at a very tight angle down shores about 15 feet out. This bass grabbed it in maybe 3' of water.

The bass seem to be grouping up a bit. If you get a bite or catch a fish, cast back to that exact spot, 50% of the time I have caught another bass this way on the 1st cast after the landed fish. Also, you may want to try and reel a bit slower beginning this time of year. This summer, I was reeling almost as fast as I could and I hammered em more times than not. Seems to me that the fish are looking for slower moving baits. Also, it seems to me the fish are liking less eratic presentations. A few weeks ago, I would get a bit jerky with spinnerbaits but now I have transformed to steady retrieves. Just some things I have noticed recently.

Riverbend has been kind to me this year.

F

·
0 Posts
Nice looking fish and good info on the bass being concintrated ...I might have to start bass fishing more again .

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love it when you are grabbing a quick fishing fix, expecting skunksville and just wanting to wet a line...and whammo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts