1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Love the boat at approx 1:40...

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't know if it's just jealousy or the fact that it's a "little" excessive, but that bucket of 8 pound walleyes pisses me off.... ha

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I don't know if it's just jealousy or the fact that it's a "little" excessive, but that bucket of 8 pound walleyes pisses me off.... ha
The only thing that pisses me off is that we don't have a fishery like that.
It can obviously withstand that kind of harvest because that has probably been occurring for a long time and is still kicking out that quality of fish.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Been there, done that. Watch the video, that is...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Crazy video!!! I think a bit more conservative harvest would be in order, but whatever, they manage those lakes well... Unreal how many big fish they are catching... Eyes or not (wink)

At the 14:40 mark the guy has his buddy "rethrow" the fish out onto the ice... pretty lame.

I saw one comment... "If this guy were Asain, he'd be taking a beating" Man, that is SO true...

That kind of carnage is overkill... If the bite is as good as they imply, they could keep the 5 lb fish and save them beasts to be caught again...still an amazing bite

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

Lake Erie is a shallow lake so I relate it to Antero and the way it can produce fish.
Nice to see they are still managing it well.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Man, wouldnt it be fun to hit that kind of bite just once?
It would be even more kick ass if it was a something other then ***** fighting walleyes. The only problem I see was the fact I think he could have squeezed a few more sissy eyes in the bucket

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would be even more kick ass if it was a something other then ***** fighting walleyes. The only problem I see was the fact I think he could have squeezed a few more sissy eyes in the bucket
extremely large females sissys that could produce next years fish.
They are old enough to understand those dont grow on trees.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I really would have a hard time keeping and filleting up a 10 pounder, let alone 5 or 6 of them. I know that body of water, compared to here, is apples to oranges, but damn, I kind of just wanted to slap that guy!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
extremely large females sissys that could produce next years fish.
They are old enough to understand those dont grow on trees.
something tells me that these may be the top side of average sized fish and that this lake has lots of bigger fish to fill the gene pool.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts