Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What batteries are you having the best luck with ?
Has anyone wired 6 v's in series to run there 24v systems?
Planning on getting a new TM and want the best system to run it .
Thanx in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
What batteries are you having the best luck with ?
Has anyone wired 6 v's in series to run there 24v systems?
Planning on getting a new TM and want the best system to run it .
Thanx in advance,
Dan
I use 2 - 12 V. SEARS PLATINUM AGM's size 34....
Mine are 6 Y.O. and still going strong...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I used walmart batteries, size 31 I believe (maybe 29, can't remember)... I just replaced the first battery this year which was 5 years old... The other is also 5 yrs old and going strong. I really don't think there is a huge difference in name brands as long you keep them charged year round. I am sure there will be some folks insisting that this brand or that grossly out performs the other, but unless you go to gel batteries, I really don't think there is much... I have never ran out of battery using my terrova, or even close for that matter and I have fished for hours in the wind using spot lock... or trolled for hours.. I suppose it can be done, I just haven't been able to.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have three group 29's for my 36v Terrova but like Oyey said, model of the battery has not much mattered to me. I just replaced one of my Trojan batteries with a WalMart battery. The three Trojan's lasted 7 years, the remaining 2 are going into their 8th year. The only reason I had to replace one of the batteries is because the cap cracked and the battery boiled out killing its ability to retain a charge.

Keep the distilled water levels where they need to be and keep a charger on them when not being used.

I have a Guest 10/10/10 amp that reduces charging output to 0 if necessary but jumps to 10A when I first plug it in from a day of fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts