Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to submit an ice fishing report.

It's -6 there in Denver tonight, was 0 yesterday and will be just as cold tomorrow. That means the early-ice usual suspects should be ready to rock in that week timeframe. I am gonna need to see some f***ing ice pictures and videos from you bitches before I lose it and start breaking ****.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Aurora water temp was 51 degrees b4 this I imagine Creek and Chatty were in the same nieghborhood...a few day cold snap isnt going to put fishable ice on those and this is a front range cold snap its warmer in Granby then it is in Denver...gonna be the same time as usual for lakes...supposed to be back to around 50 next week in Denver...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Braynard, lower ponds at Jefferson, Antero, OG...

Get your tail up there, z... You have one week. :)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Telling Zman to ice fish is like telling him to bash his own face in with a ball peen hammer... While wearing an elway jersey.

What this snap will do is make waters in the mountains colder and better to fish. The smaller spots will have ice for sure.... Georgetown supposedly had skim ice Monday. I'm sure the lake trout, if they weren't shallow before.... Will be now. Just my opinion... Hopefully itchy and scratchy will come on here and talk **** about not being an authority like a couple of women, so I can change their posts for their efforts.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
St Mary's ought to be ready to go in a few days, no?

And Z ice fishes... He taught me how to blade for walleye on Cherry Creek last year. :)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was a fun trip... Met some very good dudes there including (but not limited to) zman, hobiecat, tthepikester, and tiny.

I didn't catch one that day, but I watched the other fellas catch a few. Iced Granby and Willow Creek with redleader, Upper Res with catchn, JUST missed whompuscat at Evergreen, and hit up a small lake in the metro area with FISHRANGLER. Something very cool about fishing with folks on the ice..

Really gonna miss that.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the first ice trip report was posted... But you owe me one by Friday of next week... As do all of you. :)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes.......

WTF are you guys waiting on?!?! Go ice the kokes and smallies at Sloans!!! Do it now...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sloans had a full lid on it this morning when I drove by.
If Sloans had a full lid on it this morning, I might be icing some small ponds on the front range on Sunday for gills & bass..... It's only going to be above freezing for about 3hrs for the next 3 days

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
yes.......

WTF are you guys waiting on?!?! Go ice the kokes and smallies at Sloans!!! Do it now...
Waiting on ice with descent size fish underneath it.... not going to go fish for tiny trout just to say I ice fished..... LMAO

You post a pic of YOU with a catfish that YOU caught in TN... and then I'll go ice fishing :rolleyes: LMAO

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn Ricky!!! You're killin me!! :)

Tell you what. I'll post a pic of a catfish I caught here in Tennessee ON AN ICE ROD. Then YOU have to go ice fish Sloan's lake.

What do you say?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a 28" ML trout rod here I JUST spooled up for the occasion. It's 28 degrees up here right now, there is skim ice on the mud puddles... If i can catch a cat on an ice rod in these conditions, it oughta count.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts