Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Koldkut said:
At least I live in rural parts where I got zero phone calls.
You don't live in an urban area so your opinion doesn't count in politics anyway. Keeps the "backwards thinking" that hickenlooper referred to down to a minimum......it's better that way.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
solesearcher34 said:
Koldkut said:
You don't live in an urban area so your opinion doesn't count in politics anyway. Keeps the "backwards thinking" that hickenlooper referred to down to a minimum......it's better that way.
Your in rare form today Bro... COME ON MAN, YOUR BOYS WON FOR THE MOST PART!!!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
Koldkut said:
:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Oyey said:
solesearcher34 said:
Koldkut said:
After all the misleading and outright false political ads we were subjected to by both sides this year I am pretty sour about the whole thing despite any change of power in congress. Not that it has been any different than any other recent election.......I am just tired of it all.(the bs advertising). Maybe I put too much stock in my own intellect but I can't help but feel that ALOT of voters aren't bright enough to see through the bs that is shoveled our way every election season. If these things weren't so important it would be an absolute joke. Sad that the one guy I couldn't vote for on principle is the only guy who I thought kept a pretty classy campaign and stuck to the higher ground. His ads were actually pretty entertaining.(Hick's) Of course it was a pretty easy race for him IMO....all he had to do was stand back and let the drama of his competition push him right into the seat, which he wisely did.

Bottome line..........I lack the confidence in either side to be excited about the outcome of any election anymore it seems. Either way you slice it you get a bunch of political hacks that the only thing I am positive they will accomplish is pandering to the special interest groups that backed them.........and that pandering will equate to dollars out of your and my pockets. So, to ease my disgust I will just fish and rabble-rouse a bit here..............neither activity to be taken too seriously my fine friend. ;D

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
Either way you slice it you get a bunch of political hacks that the only thing I am positive they will accomplish is pandering to the special interest groups that backed them.........and that pandering will equate to dollars out of your and my pockets.
Thats the capitalism side of it. Money talks! But I'm with you in the eff it, lets go fishing routine! Saturday looks damn nice!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
After all the misleading and outright false political ads we were subjected to by both sides this year I am pretty sour about the whole thing despite any change of power in congress. Not that it has been any different than any other recent election.......I am just tired of it all.(the bs advertising). Maybe I put too much stock in my own intellect but I can't help but feel that ALOT of voters aren't bright enough to see through the bs that is shoveled our way every election season.
That's what I have been telling a lot of my friends lately when they ask with wide eyes why I didn't vote for politicians this year. Ill vote issues but not politicians because they are all corrupt anyways.

What's the point in voting for politicians when you are going to get out-retard'd (' for sswan) by all the idiots out there anyways? Most people will out-retard you every time in elections. ;D

Most people don't even know who or what they are voting for. I am of the opinion that they are voting the way that they were raised to think by their parents or for the popular guy. durrrrr

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm with Soulsearcher on this one. I'd better hurry up and get my new firearms now though, because who knows what the gun laws will be like in this state in a year. And no, that's not my only issue with Hick, but I figured I'd toss this anecdote out there.

Slimer said:
solesearcher34 said:
Either way you slice it you get a bunch of political hacks that the only thing I am positive they will accomplish is pandering to the special interest groups that backed them.........and that pandering will equate to dollars out of your and my pockets.
Thats the capitalism side of it. Money talks! But I'm with you in the eff it, lets go fishing routine! Saturday looks damn nice!
I can't tell if you're kidding or not. I hope you are. Capitalism has NO place in elections, and in the last few years, the door has been opened to all kinds of entities (companies, OTHER COUNTRIES, etc) to buy political seats. Scary.

Anyway, I love that there are no more ads, and hopefully I won't be talkin politics for a while...after this. ;D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
solesearcher34 said:
Oyey said:
solesearcher34 said:
Koldkut said:
After all the misleading and outright false political ads we were subjected to by both sides this year I am pretty sour about the whole thing despite any change of power in congress. Not that it has been any different than any other recent election.......I am just tired of it all.(the bs advertising). Maybe I put too much stock in my own intellect but I can't help but feel that ALOT of voters aren't bright enough to see through the bs that is shoveled our way every election season. If these things weren't so important it would be an absolute joke. Sad that the one guy I couldn't vote for on principle is the only guy who I thought kept a pretty classy campaign and stuck to the higher ground. His ads were actually pretty entertaining.(Hick's) Of course it was a pretty easy race for him IMO....all he had to do was stand back and let the drama of his competition push him right into the seat, which he wisely did.

Bottome line..........I lack the confidence in either side to be excited about the outcome of any election anymore it seems. Either way you slice it you get a bunch of political hacks that the only thing I am positive they will accomplish is pandering to the special interest groups that backed them.........and that pandering will equate to dollars out of your and my pockets. So, to ease my disgust I will just fish and rabble-rouse a bit here..............neither activity to be taken too seriously my fine friend. ;D
beautifully written... and true. with one exception... I take my fishing pretty seriously... SERIOUSLY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts