Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boys got me a Cruise and Carry for father's day..Looks like it never saw the water and fires up first pull. The motor weighs 12 lbs.

I've ran gas before...but never had both at the same time. Should extend my range.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Very cool Dave, thought about that until I found out that since they are gas they must be inspected. Have fun with it bud!!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool Dave, thought about that until I found out that since they are gas they must be inspected. Have fun with it bud!!!
Yeah... When I use it I'll stop by the inspection station..Although being air cooled with no water pump it's the same as an electric as far as picking up water. Wanted it mostly for Spinney and the mile...Plus, there's still a few good lakes without inspectors.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Now that's "Redneckedness" Hobie. Should get you moving around quicker for sure, but be careful in the no wake zones ::)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats on the new motor.

Any idea how many hrs(days if that's easier) spent in that ride?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new motor.

Any idea how many hrs(days if that's easier) spent in that ride?
Thanks..Never thought about it. I've had it around fifteen years or so..minimum of thirty trips out a year..minimum of eight to ten hours a trip.. I'm guessing between 4000 to 4500 hours spent in that seat fishing..

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've had it around fifteen years or so..minimum of thirty trips out a year..minimum of eight to ten hours a trip.. I'm guessing between 4000 to 4500 hours spent in that seat fishing..
Lots of good memories I'm sure.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again. It was the best purchase I've ever made. A lot of good times and memories. I'm taking it out tomorrow for a shakedown trip to see what happens.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice present!...nuclear powered has to be right around the corner...its great to get a present that requires thought!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Do u have a fire extinguisher on board?...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Doesn't look redneck to me... :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts