Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a laugh. I am sure we all have caught some spectacular things in our time. There are time when the fishing might not be so good but God puts something on the end of your line to make you laugh.

As for me I have caught:
1. A car door on the Loop River in St. Paul Nebraska. (Don't know what kind of car.)
2. A fishing pole, complete with reel, line, and lure.
3. A basket with a 3lbs bullhead inside.

Please tell me yours.

ForgivenFisherman

T

·
0 Posts
I caught a complete Zebco outfit yesterday at Bingham. Got one last year at Standly. Alot of old chirstmas trees at Aurora, Hence my web name.

Snag in Elizabeth

·
Registered
95 Posts
a few years ago we were fishing Glendo. Trolling flat line 2 poles off the back of the boat. The stearboard side was catching walleye on just about every pass, the port side about the same time would start dancing... it's contents... and old boot, a toilet seat, a hat, a sock, and a cheetos bag (empty of course) and my favorite catch of the day...
what appeared to be the remnants of an underwire bra.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
One of my most exciting was a big seagull, who picked my minnow right out of the air on the cast, while fishing for bluefish at Ocean City, MD. He was big and strong, and took a long time to land and get my hook back!

My grandpa caught a canoe with 2 guys in it on his heavy catfish rod, and it just about blew their minds when their canoe suddenly started traveling upstream with nobody paddling! Their heads were swiveling back and forth like they were on ball bearings.

A 19 lb. northern pike hit my lure just as I was lifting it out of the water on a lake in Minnesota. Have you ever had a big pike on 4 ft. of line, now that's an experience.

While surf fishing at Monterey CA I hooked something I never got to see, but it just started moving out like a submarine running dead slow, and kept moving toward Japan, never speeding up or slowing down, until all my line was gone and it broke off. I still want to know what it was.

One thing I've never, ever caught: the old boot that you see in all the cartoons.

L

·
0 Posts
A wethervane, a plastic bag full of rocks, an old pull tab beer can and a suitcase with $450,000 in it.

M

·
0 Posts
Funny story, was fishing for Lake Trout one day at Granby and I lost my suitcase with $450,000 in it.

M

·
0 Posts
Actually, used to flyfish for bonito at King's Harbor in CA. Was a bit nuts when a seal would take the bonito. Try that on an 8 weight fly rod. It was a kick.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I caught a bat once while flyfishing the Roaring Fork at night.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow, where do I start.
A pelican, a big boat cushion at Chatfield (thought it was a huge walleye), a pair of ripped up waders on the Ark, and the back of my son's head.
I also set the hook on a top water so hard it came back and hit me in the head while fishing at night. Luckily I was wearing a hat.
Oh yea, I've contributed too. While fishing a bass tournament in Webster, KS. I was casting a heavy Spro jig and got a fierce backlash while the lure was still flying through the air. I was not holding in tight and when the line tangled in the spool the weight of the jig pulled the rod right out on my hands and in the water. We tried to fish it out but no luck. Someone got a nice Johnny Morris reel and Eagle Claw Powerlight rod. I hope they put it to good use.
Never a dull moment when fishing with Hammer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i was fishing with a friend and we were catching waterskiiers and tubers left and right. he was doing better then i was cause he had 50# test. Anyway he caught this skier with a castmaster and it was riping line off his reel at about 40mph. just when he thought he was turning it the skier shook the hook and it came free. the crazy part is then the line started to take off again. turns out when the skier shook the hook a nice rainbow snatched it up. what luck too because without the rainbow we would have got skunked. we werent able to land any of the skiers or tubers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
bassboatjockey said:
a few years ago we were fishing Glendo.  Trolling flat line 2 poles off the back of the boat.  The stearboard side was catching walleye on just about every pass, the port side about the same time would start dancing... it's contents... and old boot, a toilet seat, a hat, a sock, and a cheetos bag (empty of course) and my favorite catch of the day...
what appeared to be the remnants of an underwire bra.
Are you sure you were not going over a body....

B

·
0 Posts
wile night fishing 11mile with bait a diving bird ate the line at carter i caught a scuba diver in minnasota i caught a dog fish was acully a fish called that!

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey ken caught a moderator once >:D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I caught a 20 pound pike in the yampa river last year like a couple casts after he bit off one of my lures. I put another one on, caught a pike or two, threw out, and caught the beast that stole my spinner :D
I have also caught on oar on the colorado river...and it was an OLD wooden oar. Kind of cool.
The most amazing of all was when my brother caught a 10 dollar bill in a clump of moss on the colorado river.
Oh yeah...I caught a pair of....ughhh....male underware on the colorado river last year........ughhh....
And the grossest thing of all I've ever caught was a roundtail chub.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i caught a small diamond ring once in the ocean of san diego. cleaned it up and traded it for gas for the boat

D

·
0 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
One of my most exciting was a big seagull, who picked my minnow right out of the air on the cast, while fishing for bluefish at Ocean City, MD. He was big and strong, and took a long time to land and get my hook back!

My grandpa caught a canoe with 2 guys in it on his heavy catfish rod, and it just about blew their minds when their canoe suddenly started traveling upstream with nobody paddling! Their heads were swiveling back and forth like they were on ball bearings.

A 19 lb. northern pike hit my lure just as I was lifting it out of the water on a lake in Minnesota. Have you ever had a big pike on 4 ft. of line, now that's an experience.

While surf fishing at Monterey CA I hooked something I never got to see, but it just started moving out like a submarine running dead slow, and kept moving toward Japan, never speeding up or slowing down, until all my line was gone and it broke off. I still want to know what it was.

One thing I've never, ever caught: the old boot that you see in all the cartoons.
Man Walking Eagle you really need to find some time to fish one of these days!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Heres an online fishing forum in Michigan, strangest thing ever caught topic, i read it about a month ago while i was there, check out the link to see thread

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136067

If you read long enough, someone caught a dead body in the Detroit river, imagine that. I counted at least 6 people who caught bicycles. Lots of anchors too.

A guy trolling at Jefferson Lake caught my line and emptied my spool, was way to close to me, was a good laugh afterward since they thought they had a big fish on & were freaking out, then they had to pull boat over and untangle that nest. But i did have to walk a mile to get more line

its not really strange but I caught this lure yesterday at aurora res, thought it was a little fish. Anyone wanna claim it?

I caught a ziploc bag full of sand in michigan. Had some bats swooping at my dry fly in Waterton ... nothing too strange. i did catch a black boot, im sure everyones caught on of them. seagulls also attacked our minnows in MI. caught a white bass thru his eye socket snagged him when the bobber moved

1 - 20 of 37 Posts