Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so much good water out there this time of year...what body of water do you like to fish for those browns?

My choice if there is has to be Delaney and the Frying Pan/Fork area as long as I'm not elbow to elbow down there. What's yours?

Trout Dawg
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cotrout/

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I may be out of line but why are you spamming the board with a yahoo groups link in your sig?

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Post! Spam would be....hey everybody checkout my website it's the best and I charge $40 to join?

Because I have people that enjoy my "free" reports and "free" articles and Trout pics with no mention to check it out. If you're so offended don't click on the site~

Trout Dawg

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
The point is, unless the focus of your post is the site why have a link to another site with the same content? Its like going to McDonalds and trying to get the customers to goto Buger King by wearing a big sign across your forehead!!!

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
176 Posts
I prefer the ark between bueny and salida in the fall, the pan and the green in the winter- less people. I enjoyed your link- nice to have as much info as possible, welcome to the site, btw- jip is a moderator in sheeps clothing- BEWARE

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Jay-I go on alot of fishing sites where people reference another site (usually their own) by their name. I don't see anything wrong with that. He's not hyping his site. I'm not a fly fisherman so theres not much to interest me but I'm sure other guys can gain some info. Isn't that what its all about?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Your right. I just know alot of sites look down on spamming or links to other such sites. I wasn't attacking him just pointing out the fact that with this site no other site matters.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tough to beat the Nort Platte, and Gunnison in the fall. Really any river around this time of year is a big bonus because of the leaves and fishing are at a peak.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JIP, No worries I just like giving people as much Trout Info as possible, yes I actually found this site from someone else's, plus it's a compliment since my site is a one man show.

Headed to the San Juan next weekend for 4 days...can't wait than off to the Gunny the following weekend so maybe I'll have some good reports for you~

Trout dawg

·
Registered
833 Posts
I guess after this weekend it would be Stagecoach !
Although Yampa Reservoir is full of 12 in rainbows and
crushed anything we threw at them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Your right. I just know alot of sites look down on spamming or links to other such sites. I wasn't attacking him just pointing out the fact that with this site no other site matters.

IMO

i dont understand what the big deal is.this site seems to think that it really is the only one out there.amazes me how dumb that is.
i go on landcruiser SITES.SITES!!!! and we bounce back between em all the time and i have never heard such BS as this.
funny thing is not one real moderator said a darn thing. ::)
too much drama on this site.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I said It was just my opinion.....let it go!!! The only drama is you bringing it back up after I explained myself and Troutdawg also said it was no biggy! Im very out spoken and say what is on my mind. Ive modded many boards and some look down on posting links that could take away from their own site!!!

So If you dont like the drama than stop causing it!!!

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts