Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My frineds an i will be trying out our new lure design this weekend. I want to test its performance against the top trout lures our there to get an idea of just how much better ours is O0 lol just kidding. anyway, i wanted to know what you all would consider the best trout lure out there so i can try and get a few of them out there alongside ours on sunday. We'll be fishing the arkansas river. thanks :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
My fav is a Panther martin spinner. The one with a silver blade, yellow body, and red spots. Size depending on where I'm fishing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same as jpt ;D any panther with yellow body, and red dots. Or a blue fox, rainboy trout.... the ones that acually look like fish with a spinner.

·
Registered
200 Posts
To be honest I brought 3 lures to my last mountain trip. All three were PMS and 2 were the same yellow body/red dot lures. the other was the black body yellow spot one. I've only used them in lakes however.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
FPF said:
My frineds an i will be trying out our new lure design this weekend. I want to test its performance against the top trout lures our there to get an idea of just how much better ours is O0 lol just kidding. anyway, i wanted to know what you all would consider the best trout lure out there so i can try and get a few of them out there alongside ours on sunday. We'll be fishing the arkansas river. thanks :)
FLYFISHGEEK reps the hottest new lures out there, he should weigh in on this......

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jpt1016 said:
My fav is a Panther martin spinner. The one with a silver blade, yellow body, and red spots. Size depending on where I'm fishing.

Judging by the agreement on this i think ill have to have one of these out there.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any chance theres someone out there willing to share some info on decent spots on the ark in the buena vista area. Pm me. i can assure you it will stay confidential. We have one spot we are going to but if the fish arent biting there i dont really have a backup plan lol. unless antero magically still has open water like the report a week ago said. after this cold weather i would highly doubt that its even a possibility

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BDA2 said:
It doesn't matter what lure is out there.. You're gonna owe me lunch.. ;)
lol no im using my lure dude dont you worry. not even bringing any others, except for trav and ty to use. their my experiment controls. any btw, i will be wanting an elk hot dog from coney island on the way home. its gonna cost you about 7 bucks :)

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Hard to go wrong with a PM, I fished them for 30 some years with great success. Minnow type baits always have their place, my current go to is the HD in BA or gold. Rooster tails seem to work well for some, never did it for me though.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Hard to go wrong with a PM, I fished them for 30 some years with great success. Minnow type baits always have their place, my current go to is the HD in BA or gold.
x2. Also x2 on the yellow with red dots. But these days, I do like me some jerkbaits.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Trout said:
The Godfather of jerkbaits Rapalas,, hands down the most lethal thing to throw in a river.
Jeebus cripes... I wish Rapala would give you some free lures already. How much you gonna kiss their arse. ;D

Rapalas (hj, cd, flt, and x-raps), Thomas Bouyants & Colorados, Blue-fox Vibrax spinners, and tube jigs are my favorites.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Panther Martin in various colors:
all black
black body/ylw spots w/ brass blade
black body w/ black/grn cow pattern blade
all brass

Crk

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Trout said:
The Godfather of jerkbaits Rapalas,, hands down the most lethal thing to throw in a river.
Couldnt of said it better...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts