Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going thru a site, hardbaits.com looking for cranks I can't get via retail. And I found a interesting one! I have had good luck throwing the Pins Minnow and the larger Twitchin Minnow. especially on Brown trout.

They now have a SW Pins Minnow that is a countdown model! Haven't ever seen them at retail shops, but you can order them from the site. They should be very effective?

Keep in mind I am a pathetic lure junky and can talk myself into almost anything ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
There is one thing I've learned about lures, it never hurts to try!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fairly light, so it should be a good tool for deep pools in rivers? The floating models work real well!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I love countdowns, I usually try to match my lures to forage species.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one retains that long thin minnow look, but sinks! Yozuri has some great color's also. They are a little more expensive, but not ridiculous like some of the other Japenese cranks!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
yozuris are a good product but are very expensive.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was up at Sportsmans Warehouse in Thornton last night and they had the Altima Pins Minnow on sale for four bucks each! I bought half a dozen and some of the new 3D Suspending Minnows also.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
WOW that's better than the usual what 10 bucks?

·
Registered
935 Posts
If they swim the same as a floating pins minnow, they should be deadly for stocker rainbows. When I REALLY want to catch fish on a slow day, and I know there are stockers in the lake, I troll a pins minnow. Catch my limit almost every time. Those tiny floating crayfish rebel crankbaits work great, too.

Truthfully, though, just about any relatively small crankbait kills stockers. I was even catching stockers on HUGE rapalas when slow-trolling for walleye this last spring - frustrating.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
There is a Yozuri lure that I have heard is pretty effective for Walleye. The lure has a ball bearing that goes to the back of the lure for further casting and comes to the front of the lure during the retrieve, which gives it a tight swimming action. I have seen these lures at Walmart but they seem to be pretty small and only go a few feet below the service. Does anyone know of other good Walleye lures to use? What is a good color?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most of my trolling is done with Shad Raps. If you are casting for walleye? Husky Jerks.,Rogues, Rattle Traps and floating Raps all have their place. A shallow Shad Rap is very versitile also! You can cast or troll it in Shallow water. You can also cast out 4 to 5 inch grubs or swim shads and reel them in slowly like a crank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts