Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Wondering if anyone here has any experience with any zero stretch fly line with big muskie flys.

I tried ARC 99+ but I characterize that stuff as a rubber band, not fly line. Airflo is ok but when you attach a big muskie fly it doesn't carry very well.

I've lost a few Pike and Muskie's now because I go to strip set and the line bounces like a rubber band, and I need a better hook set.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Hey All,
Wondering if anyone here has any experience with any zero stretch fly line with big muskie flys.

I tried ARC 99+ but I characterize that stuff as a rubber band, not fly line. Airflo is ok but when you attach a big muskie fly it doesn't carry very well.

I've lost a few Pike and Muskie's now because I go to strip set and the line bounces like a rubber band, and I need a better hook set.

Try a salt line... it will help....but I've only used it once, so I'm pretty much saying that on theory lol.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Try a salt line... it will help....but I've only used it once, so I'm pretty much saying that on theory lol.
I'll second this. To be honest, I think that "lower stretch" would be a better goal. I used to use the now discontinued S.A. Sharkskin as a nymph line. About as low stretch as I have ever experienced. Zero stretch? I don't know if it even exists :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts